Postpartum Prefolds Reused on Baby? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-13-2011, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I plan on using prefolds for my postpartum bleeding and I already have a bunch of them for the new baby.

I feel like it's fine, but I'm wondering if it's okay to use the prefolds on the baby after I've used them for my bleeding?

I really don't want to buy more prefolds just for postpartum purposes. It's wasteful and means I have to spend more money.

Thanks so much for any advice. :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2011, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

why not? soak them in hydrogen peroxide before washing to be extra cautious.  Where did that baby just come from anyway? wink1.gif

Work at home, homesteading mom sharing child care 50/50 with my wonderful WAH DH. DD1 born Jan. 2010.   March '12.   DD2 & DD3 (twins) born Feb. 2013
Old 12-14-2011, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

No need to soak them in peroxide - just add peroxide to your wash.  I washed all my pp pads, towels, everything with peroxide, and not a speck of blood was left on anything (after a HB). 

I don't have any qualms about it - I regularly use pfs to mop up spills on the floor, vomit, blow my nose, whatever needs doing.  Wash them and right back to diapers they go.  A little blood between mother and child doesn't concern me in the slightest. 

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Old 12-15-2011, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

i sure hope it is okay because that's what I did:) I used prefolds as 'doublers' for my mama cloth the first three days. i also had a hossy birth and confused the heck out of my postpartum nurse when she went to check for soaked pads in the trash...

be good family...

Tags
Diapering
User Tag List