Replacing some worn pocket diapers with???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-05-2012, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi mamas!

I have a set of FuzziBunz size medium diapers that my daughter wore, and now my son is wearing, and I need to replace, oh, probably 6 of the 13 of them - 4 of them leak - the PUL is delaminating, and two of them are just too girlie!!!  It has been a while since I purchased them, and I was considering replacing them with one-size diapers this time, because I figure if my son needs a size large, we will already have 6 one-sizes (my daughter never went into larges, petite thing that she is!).  So this is what I'm considering:

- FuzziBunz One Size Elite

- Bum Genius 4.0 One Size with snaps

- Kawaii One Size??? These are new to me, and perhaps a little too cheap to be any good?

Anything else I should consider?  Right now we are using the FBs that don't leak, and a stack of prefolds and covers in medium which I am having a really hard time getting on him because he is so squirmy!

Thanks for any input!

Mama to a daughter (3/2008) and a son (7/2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 12:09 PM

I love, love, love bumgenius OS. In fact, I just ordered a dozen of them so that I can switch over entirely to using those. Right now I use prefolds w/ bummis covers, bumgenius, and about a dozen generic fleece pocket diapers with snaps that fit in varying ways. I'm wanting to transition out of prefolds because little girl is also getting really squirmy, and I don't like the moisture held against her skin for car rides and overnights. I like the bumgenius because they're cute, soft, and easy for my mom (with peripheral neuropathy in her hands) to use. When my stash is complete, I'll have half hook and loop closure and half snaps. 

stillheart.gif Momma-ing the Muffin since October 2011!

Old 01-08-2012, 04:16 PM

For OS dipes, I love my Rumparooz.  Even when I can't get the sizing just perfect (leg/waist balance), they'll still catch everything because of the internal gussets.  They do wind up low rise on most kids, and some moms have a problem with that, but I figure so long as it covers his butt and his penis, it's going to catch everything.  And it's less likely to stick out of his waist band, too. 

I do also really like my Swaddlebees bamboo pockets.  I have the Blueberry minky pockets (same company), but I much prefer the bamboo ones.  They're a trimmer fit.  The trade-off is that they don't have a stay-dry inner (which I prefer because I'd like to encourage him to PL one of these days). 

Another option if you object to low rise is Knickernappies.  I didn't care for them because I couldn't get the leg/waist balance right (DS' thighs and waist have never been in the proportions that diaper makers seem to think they should be), but I have a good friend who swapped me her Rumparooz for my Knickernappies because she hated the low rise.  The Knickernappies are (I think) the tallest rise OS dipe out there. 

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Tags
Diapering
User Tag List