point of organic cloth - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-06-2012, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, is the idea to organic cloth that it was made without sweatshops and not hard on the environment, or is it also better on your child's skin because of chemicals? I've heard things about fire proof pajamas.  Can someone point me in the right direction reading about the effects of wearing factory clothes. Cancer? I'm trying to gauge what to do and how important it is.  THANKS. I just mean organic vs. non organic, I'm talking about clothes as well as diapers.

#2 of 2 Old 01-06-2012, 10:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a whole blog post on this if you are interested but a great resource is Organic Babies, Sage Moms by Linda Fassa. She has some great research on why organic is important for our children. Mainly, it is the contact to pesticides and synthetic fabric softeners. Those two have been connected to issues such as asthma and autism.

That being said, my twins do not have an ALL organic closet. If you do non organic make sure to wash the clothes with an eco soap 3-5 times before letting your child wear them or go with preloved hand-me-downs which have been washed enough times to be rid of all the yucky stuff. Also, I only let the girls wear natural fibers like cotton, hemp, and wool.

I hope that helps :)

Wife to DH  dh_malesling.GIF Momma to twin girls slingtwin.gif cloth diapering, no vaxing, family bed, organic living, eating and wearing family! treehugger.gif

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page