Diaper rash spray - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-06-2012, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son won't tolerate having his bottom touched to apply diaper creams, so I'm looking for a spray or mist.

He seldom has a rash, but right now is sick with diarrhea that's causing a nasty one. I've only used pure lanolin ointment on my other children's bottoms. For everyday, I use nothing but air and water, so when he does have a rash I need it to be something highly effective at healing — more than just moisturizing or slightly soothing.

I'm allergic to aloe vera, so I'd prefer something that doesn't contain it — though he's not allergic so it would be OK.

Raising and educating free-range kids in our farmhouse at the maple woods. In March, find us in the sugarbush making pure maple syrup.

1 me + 1 hubby + 4 kids + 5 goats + 3 pigs + 3 dozen chickens + 6 ducks = 1 crazy place
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 08:42 PM

You could water down calendula and put it in a spray bottle.

Wife to DH  dh_malesling.GIF Momma to twin girls slingtwin.gif cloth diapering, no vaxing, family bed, organic living, eating and wearing family! treehugger.gif

Old 01-10-2012, 12:14 PM

I love CJ'sBUTTer and they have a spray formula.  It might have aloe in it.  Check the label.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:39 AM

I haven't tried it but the Kissaluvs Diaper Lotion Potion looks lovely.  It's a spray and I have been wanting to either buy it or make my own version.  Would a q-tip work?  That is what I use to apply rash ointment.  Hope your little guy is better by now!

Tags
Diapering
User Tag List