I need hemp fitted diapers - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-09-2012, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know I can get basic hemp fitteds on Amazon but I want cute prints. I've searched Hyena Cart and can't find anything. Everything seems to be bamboo these days and I just don't like bamboo. I would settle for cotton but I really prefer hemp. I'm very particular and can't find what I want so I'm hoping someone can give me some recommendations.

Sized and OS are fine, although my baby is into mediums now and will probably stay in that size for a while now. I want snaps, not aplix or ones that needs snappis or pins. I want external soakers/doublers. It doesn't matter if they are sewn on at one end or snap on as long as they aren't sewn into the inside of the diaper. I want regular fitteds, no PUL or fleece or wool outer.

Can anyone suggest a store or brand?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#2 of 4 Old 01-09-2012, 01:08 PM

Sugar Peas and Growing Greens fitteds are the ones that come to mind.  Although I honestly have not had luck with long usage of hemp - over time it gets crunchy and scratchy.  After a while I just don't want to put it near the LO's butt.   

There's also Happy Hempy, which is a pocket fitted, it's a fitted (so it needs a cover), but you stuff however much absorbency into it you want.  The ones I have now are OS snaps, and they're available with hemp or fleece inners. 

I don't know if they still make them, but Swaddlebees fitteds used to be hemp/cotton. 

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#3 of 4 Old 01-09-2012, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

thanks. i have gotten very long term use out of my hemp compared to bamboo. cotton comes in 2nd for me. i really dislike bamboo.

i haven't been able to find anymore of those swaddlebee's. i think they've been discontinued. i'll check out the sugar peas and growing green. i don't like pockets and had one happy heiny that was awful so i'll never buy that brand again.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#4 of 4 Old 01-09-2012, 03:09 PM

I don't like the Happy Heinys either, but the Happy Hempys are my go-to dipe for night-time.  They're the only thing that keeps our bed dry. 

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page