cheapest way to buy disposables - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 01-10-2012, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're in a real money crunch right now, and even when the money isn't as tight, I'd like to save as much as possible. What is the best way to save money on disposable diapers in your opinion? Is a site like diapers.com worth it? I buy Huggies.

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#2 of 15 Old 01-10-2012, 06:46 PM

Amazon, by far. Sign up for AmazonMom and Subscribe&Save. I pay $50 a month for all of my diapers/wipes.

swede likes this.

Lactivist-athiest-feminist wife to DH hola.gif , mommy-in-training to beautiful DS Kai, 9/2011 joy.gif

namaste.gif,intactivist.gif,familybed1.gif, saynovax.gif

#3 of 15 Old 01-10-2012, 06:47 PM

I didnt see about the Huggies, we use Seventh Gen. diapers and Nature Babycare wipes (Kai has very sensitive skin). It might still be the best way to go though, check it out!!!

Lactivist-athiest-feminist wife to DH hola.gif , mommy-in-training to beautiful DS Kai, 9/2011 joy.gif

namaste.gif,intactivist.gif,familybed1.gif, saynovax.gif

#4 of 15 Old 01-11-2012, 11:10 AM

Amazon Mom with Subscribe & Save will save you 20% off each box.  It is a much better deal than Diapers.com.  I pay about $30 for the jumbo boxes of Pampers and Luvs.  Huggies are available too, as well as some of the more "eco-friendly" brands.

#5 of 15 Old 01-11-2012, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, ladies! smile.gif

Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#6 of 15 Old 01-11-2012, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

OK, Amazon Mom isn't accepting new members at the moment. I added my name to the waiting list, but any other suggestions in the meantime? I have enough diapers to cover my DD2 (infant) for probably two more months, but my stubborn, un-toilet trained DD1 (4 yo) goes through pull-ups like no one's business.

#7 of 15 Old 01-11-2012, 11:32 AM

If DD is a little toilet trained (ie. leaking as opposed to fully expelling), a non-disposable training pant might be more cost-effective.  I just got these for my DD, but for nighttime (she's day trained).  They just go in the wash with the regular laundry. 

http://www.superskivvies.biz/

swede likes this.

Camille~
Mama to F (3/09) and S (3/11); and never forgetting my babe gone too soon angel1.gif(4/10).

#8 of 15 Old 01-11-2012, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayfishgirl View Post

If DD is a little toilet trained (ie. leaking as opposed to fully expelling), a non-disposable training pant might be more cost-effective.  I just got these for my DD, but for nighttime (she's day trained).  They just go in the wash with the regular laundry. 

http://www.superskivvies.biz/

If only. greensad.gif He's trained in his mind (IMO - I'm quite sure he knows EXACTLY what to do and when to do it both from past experience and the way he acts), but he flat out refuses to do anything in the potty. He'll pee and poop in his undies or straight on the floor if he's naked. And he doesn't seem to care in the least. Thanks for the idea, though!

#9 of 15 Old 01-11-2012, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavatea View Post

If only. greensad.gif He's trained in his mind (IMO - I'm quite sure he knows EXACTLY what to do and when to do it both from past experience and the way he acts), but he flat out refuses to do anything in the potty. He'll pee and poop in his undies or straight on the floor if he's naked. And he doesn't seem to care in the least. Thanks for the idea, though!

We're in the same boat - DD knows how to go - she just mostly won't. I'm spending a good $30 a month in pullups, and that's about to go up as she's too big for the pullups and we're going to have to switch to goodnites or underjams which cost even more. 

I'm open to any ideas too - the cheapest way I've found to get them is to buy a bunch when they are on sale at walgreens or CVS with rewards and using coupons. 

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#10 of 15 Old 01-12-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavatea View Post

OK, Amazon Mom isn't accepting new members at the moment. I added my name to the waiting list, but any other suggestions in the meantime? I have enough diapers to cover my DD2 (infant) for probably two more months, but my stubborn, un-toilet trained DD1 (4 yo) goes through pull-ups like no one's business.

Even without Amazon Mom, the Subscribe and Save option saves you 15% off on all orders.  Amazon Mom just gives you an extra 5% off diapers and wipes. 

#11 of 15 Old 01-13-2012, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Amazon Mom is great, but if you don't have it and don't have Prime, I think you should check out www.slickdeals.net.  They semi-regularly have diaper deals from everywhere - CVS, Walmart, Target, Amazon, etc.  Some will be helpful and some won't be.  If you have a membership to Costco, they often have coupons for diapers and on top of their already low prices, you could save a lot.  Lastly, if you're in a bind, check out www.babycheapskate.com.  She posts the best deals of the week and though they aren't the best deals you can get all the time, they are definitely better than paying full price.

Also, as already mentioned, tons of diaper deals on Amazon have a subscribe & save option which gives you a 15% discount.  Once the item ships, you can cancel the subscription.  If you need pull-ups, they are $23.74 with S&S (subscribe & save) on Amazon for 3-4T, plus if you "clip" the $2 coupon on the same page, it brings the total down to $21.74.  I don't know how that compares to regular prices for pull-ups (I've never priced them), but I just wanted to illustrate that you can still use Amazon and get a discount.  If you spend $25, your shipping is free.

#12 of 15 Old 01-14-2012, 07:02 PM

Do you live near a Costco? They sell big box cases of Huggies or Pampers (one or other not sure which). You can also buy them from their website (costco.com). Just have to become a member which may be worth it as there's deals to be had. They sell big boxes of wipes too - their own brand which is unscented. The cosmetic data base alerts to one of the ingredients in them but i know a lot of moms who use them.

Or do you live near a Fred Meyer? I discovered the Kroger Touch of Nature disposables there and LOVE them. We tried cloth but it didn't work for her bum or our lifestyle and I figure being a mom's stressful enough without suffering I'm-not-cloth-diapering guilt. The Touch of Nature's are chlorine free and have non-gel or low-gel soaking-up-mess stuff. You can buy them on Amazon through Amazon Mom but I found that they're almost just as cheap to buy them at Fred Meyers and then you don't end up with too many extra packs when your babe switches sizes. $7.50 for a pack of 23-31 (depending on the size). I do get my 7th Generation wipes from Amazon Moms as it makes them affordable and they're the only ones I feel comfortable with. 

#13 of 15 Old 01-15-2012, 05:48 AM

We have only ever used Target disposables.  They are cheaper than Amazon Mom stuff, I am told.

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

#14 of 15 Old 04-03-2012, 06:30 AM

I would suggest the seller 97kgallery or their website http://www.giraffita.com

I bought more than 50 diapers with them and they are really cheap great products.

#15 of 15 Old 04-05-2012, 02:48 PM

I only use disposables for church and overnight- but I have found the cheapest is the Target brand diapers.  They have coupons online at times- way cheaper than anywhere else.  Also- I have both of my older boys wear a pull up at night- I bought the huggies pull-ons- they were a little cheaper than pull-ups at target.  

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page