cloth diapering HELP please - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-11-2012, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My daughter is 5 months old and has had issues since about a month old with diaper rashes. We've tried all the disposables and nothing is working and we've tried all the wipes all the butt creams and everything possible. so now we are looking at cloth. I have no idea on what to think about where to start and what not. can someone please shed some light for me :D TIA

#2 of 3 Old 01-12-2012, 08:11 AM

Cloth is for sure the way to go if you have all these problems with disposables.

Research your area and you may have a CD store near by where you can go touch, feel research...

There are many online stores with tons of information. I like www.greenmountiandiapers.com for diaper info and to purchase and www.diaperpin.com for reviews.

Most mommas like All in ones (AIO) because they are like a disposable in the fact they the diaper and cover are attached. I love Bum Genious elementals.

there are also Pocket diapers that have a pocket in the back that you stuff. I have these they work great but i dont like stuffing.

Mother ease are also some faves of mine. they are one size which means they fit from 10lbs- potty training. You do need a cover and I love Thirstes covers.

There are so many options it will make your head spin. Also there are places that will  give you an assortment of diapers that you use for a specific amount of time and then make your decision.

I would recomind natural fibers, cotton, bamboo, hemp over microfiber because natural fibers are less fussy. Microfiber gets funky and stripping them is not fun and is time consuming.

Welcome to the world of cloth.

#3 of 3 Old 01-13-2012, 07:25 AM

Sounds like your baby has similar issues to my twins. They are sensitive to ALL diapers, ALL wipes and most creams. They are even sensitive to cloth diapers that do not breath and have PUL. We tried 5 different brands that all had PUL of some kind and none of them got rid of the rash.

I highly suggest since your poor babe is fighting the rashes all the time that you go with an all cloth, no PUL diaper such as Goodmamas, Motherease or Sandys. There are many other brands but those are the 3 that I really like that we use. You do need to use a diaper cover made of wool or fleece if you go this route but since we made the switch we have had no diaper rashes at all! (that right there makes it so worth it). We also use all cloth wipes with water only to clean up messes and for cream we use calendula.

I have this whole thing down to a science so if you want any more info about laundry soap or washing just message me!

Wife to DH  dh_malesling.GIF Momma to twin girls slingtwin.gif cloth diapering, no vaxing, family bed, organic living, eating and wearing family! treehugger.gif

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page