Ju Ju Be Diaper Bags - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-11-2012, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am having my second in August, when my older one will be 2.5.  I want a new diaper bag because while I like the one I have, it's never really been large enough for my needs.  I tend to overpack but even when I try to minimize the thing is always stuffed and I'd rather have a roomier bag.

I pretty much have my heart set on a Ju Ju Be, but I'm not sure which one.  At first I was dead set on the Be Prepared but I see a lot of people saying that it's too big for "everyday" and that they use it as luggage.  Or that it's too bulky/heavy when packed to carry. 

We don't do a lot of quick trips here.  When we go out it's usually for several hours or all day.  A trip to "the city" is about 20-30 minutes each way so I make it a point to do everything I need to do.  Usually my husband or I will get groceries alone.  Most trips are to the library (where we get books and they go in the bag usually) or to my sister's or in-laws after church where we visit all day.  Truly quick visits - doctor, chiropractor, Wal-mart, I could use my smaller bag.

We only have one car so often the baby and I catch rides with someone, so keeping a backup bag in the car really doesn't work for me.  I'd like something that can fit a laptop if needed but that is a bonus.  My toddler is very spirited and I like to keep a lot of things in my bag for her to play with or look at while we're out and about to keep her out of trouble.  I would need to keep a carrier of some kind in there too once the noob arrives.

Would the Packabe be sufficient for my needs, do you think?  Or am I a candidate for the Be Prepared?  Please no judgments about the cost of these bags, if you don't see the point that's fine, but this is what I'm interested in and would like some opinions from people who know the line.  Thanks!

Mama to Elsa Louise: 2/10, 13lbs 8 oz  energy.gifand Oscar Allen: 7/12, 13lbs 8 oz  babyboy.gif

#2 of 5 Old 01-12-2012, 04:39 PM

Hi, Ninetails,

I have a Packabe, which I really like, for me and my single 3-month old boy.  I think that the Packabe would definitely be too small for your needs as you describe them.  I fill mine up all the way with just a few diapers, a pack of wipes, a change of clothes, a blanket, and carrier.  It would be hard to fit all that you would need for both your toddler and your baby even for just a quick trip.  The bigger bag might not be as big as you think.  It might be helpful to search out a store where you could look at the bags in person.

#3 of 5 Old 01-12-2012, 06:55 PM

I have a BeAll which is touted as being one size down from the BePrepared and it was perfectly acceptable when my daughter was a baby but it's definitely too small now. The dimensions are not the best for things like snack cups. And all the JuJuBe bags are pretty heavy even with nothing in them.

I'm also looking at the Be Prepared for when my next installment arrives sometime in the next two months.

Beth, wife to Cass and SAHM to the little french goose, 6/17/09...and now also mom to a second wee girlie 2/6/12. Nursing with low supply, domperidone and a lact-aid.

#4 of 5 Old 01-13-2012, 08:23 AM

By the way, BabySteals.com is hosting a sale on JuJuBe bags right now and until 9pm tonight.

#5 of 5 Old 01-13-2012, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm also a juju fan.  I have the between and sadly find it too bulky and heavy.  Just overall too much padding.  But not able to hold a lot

Personslly I would get a juju for your cute little bag, and go for something more luggage/backpack like for an all day bag

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page