My dh dilema... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-14-2004, 02:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a bit annoyed w/my dh. He refuses to diaper dd w/anything but a snappied toddler prefold. The problem with this is that:

A) snappied prefolds don't quite cover dd's wetzone properly, not good for wool use on on the go when he feeds dd tons of liquids and doesn't check her diaper until her jeans feel wet.

B) He doesn't fold the prefolds tight enough to fit under our most reliable wool covers (slightly felted L SP wool flannel) and his folds droop horribly under wool pants/shorts.

Anyone have any insights? I'm thinking about buying him a few packs of dappi nylon pants for him to use on the go....
#2 of 7 Old 04-14-2004, 02:22 AM

Snappi'd fitteds? My dh is starting to warm up to these quite nicely. We were previously a 100% snappi'd prefold family.

Do you mean pull-on style dappi nylon pants? I think those would work as long as she's wearing pants. Prefolds under pull-ons droop for ME. They fall apart for DH. The only exception is if he's wearing pants or maybe a snap-crotch shirt. If she's wearing a dress that day, fuhgedaboutit.

Can you get him to trifold or does this not work with the type of cover he's using?

Let's give him LOTS of points for changing diapers.

Excuse me if this is disjointed. I took some allergy medication. Par-tay! I feel drunk.
#3 of 7 Old 04-14-2004, 02:24 AM
nym

My DH is the same. The snappi'd prefolds he puts on DS are always falling off. I keep showing him a better way to put them on, but he continues with his system. I figure it is better than nothing!
#4 of 7 Old 04-14-2004, 03:59 AM

My DH hates CPF..... but when that is all we used he used them..he begged me to get some snapping diapers..... hence the LHC addiction...... he is much happier now that we have snapping diaper........ see if he would use a snappi fitted or a few fitteds
#5 of 7 Old 04-14-2004, 09:06 AM

Yeah, I can't get my DH near a snappi! I'm pretty impressed with yours, even if his technique isn't perfect
#6 of 7 Old 04-14-2004, 09:19 AM

Oh please, 5 minutes after my dh puts of a prefold in a wrap it's falling off around his knees. : This is why we switched to pockets. Any idiot can do velcro :LOL .
#7 of 7 Old 04-14-2004, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Ya know I think that he thinks that fitteds are for sissys. God forbid he should be seen in a public changing room putting dd in a diaper that has ruffles or pink fairies on it.

I'll have to consider the snappi fitted idea, these might be just the thing.

Are these absorbant enough for a long car ride under a wool cover? Would they fit under a lightly felted fits like a glove L SP wool flannel cover?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page