We use mostly fitteds + some pockets as well. Our fitteds are MEOS ones and we used some of the ME Sandies in the smaller sizes. I love them for:
- the poop-containability since DD has big monster poops LOL,
- ease of washing and drying (cold rinse + hot wash, hot dry),
- their durability (we bought them used and they are in great shape)
- the fact that they are one size so DD has been wearing them since 2 or 3 months old (she's now 11 mths) and they will fit for a while yet though she is growing out of some OS pockets
- that they are gentle on her chunky thighs
- the ability to put whatever kind of cover (we have some PUL and fleece)
- no need for folding, pins, or snappis (vs. prefolds)
- they have snaps so more durable than velcro closures
In short I'm a fan. As I said, I do have some pockets but that's just for variety. I could easily do just fitteds with no pockets, but I wouldn't want to do pockets without my fitteds!
Like PP I think they contain leaks. Mine were also AIO's with snap in liners, that made it easy to wash and change. They dryed faster as you could take out the liner. I mostly dried mine on a line, when I lived in the south. The velcro held up well and they were also one-size so he wore them from 6 mos. to 23 mos. when potty trained. Best wishes! My local store has a trial pack you can take home and try them out!
I have really enjoyed gmd workhorse fitted diapers. Like pp, the biggest factor is containing poop. While I got ones with snaps, I just use a snappi. I got snaps for potty training so I could leave the cover off, but still have a decent amount of padding. Though dd has totally gotten into pt and has gone straight to panties. I used the brown size from 10m to 24m.
Over other type of diapers, I like that they are easier to wash than aio, much cheaper, too. I only use gmd prefolds and the workhorse,and the fitted contain poop better.
My husband will use them with no complaint - its no different than a 'regular' diaper...put it on, velcro - done. I don't use covers unless I'm going out.
That's my biggest reason on top of the above mentioned! LOL
Mum to 5 wonderful gifts!!
|63 members and 19,484 guests|
|a-sorta-fairytale , Abha , agentofchaos , ambelievable , AMG , Andrs Hermanis , artemis33 , averysmomma05 , DahliaRW , Dakotacakes , Deborah , Dovenoir , emmy526 , girlspn , happy-mama , hillymum , ian'smommaya , Iron Princess , Joyce Romero , KarimChe , kathymuggle , keepingFAITH , LibraSun , lilmissgiggles , lisak1234 , Lydia08 , MamaByGodsGrace , mamadee17 , mckittre , MeepyCat , meghanmetz , Moda Ani , mommysunshyne , moominmamma , Mylie , MylittleTiger , NaturallyKait , newmamalizzy , oaksie68 , pokeyac , redsally , RollerCoasterMama , Rosie M. Jordan , rubelin , samaxtics , SavvyKay20 , siennaflower , simplesummaries , sjbr , Springshowers , SweetSilver , tifga , Tracy , transpecos , Wolfcat , Xerxella , zebra15 , zoeyzoo|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|