Anyone have Fuzzi Bunz *and* Kawaii Baby Diapers - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 02-21-2012, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

If so, would you be willing to post (or PM me) some pics?

I'd love to see the size difference, especially between the one size options (I've *heard* that Kawaii has a shorter rise and is wider between the legs).

I've also heard the new Fuzzi Bunz Elites are shorter rise?

We had Fuzzi Bunz in the past (when there weren't even one size, lol) and my SIL has the one size now and I'd just like a direct comparison.

Any help greatly appreciated.

#2 of 13 Old 02-21-2012, 05:18 PM

Not really answering your question, but I have Fuzzibunz OS that I bought last year and a few of the new Elite ones. The Elite are a little bit lower rise, and much more narrow in the crotch/leg area. Also, the material of the insert is a little thinner and softer. They contain leaks/poops the same. I like the Elites more because they are a little less bulky, but not really much.  Although DH doesn't stuff the new ones because his hands don't fit! Here's a video showing the difference.

Hopefully someone else can show a comparison to the Kawaii diapers.

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#3 of 13 Old 02-21-2012, 06:22 PM

Just got one of each in the mail. I got a Fuzzibunz One Size Elite and a Kawaii Snazzy Minky One Size. Bear in mind that I have not ever actually used these diapers (or any cloth diapers ever), and got them for comparison purposes. They are definitely comparable in original size, but the leg elastic being adjustable in the Fuzzibunz makes a big difference, and when the leg elastic is adjusted all the way down it makes the diaper appear much smaller (Like 4 inches smaller). The Kawaii is much bulkier, has a bulkier liner, and looks like it will be adjustable to bigger sizes than the Fuzzibunz. Also, the Kawaii has 4 rows of snaps, while the Fuzzibunz only has 2. Honestly, I have tried several ways to snap the Kawaii, and I'm still not sure I'm doing it right. And when I try to make it (Kawaii) the smallest it can be, There is a lot of material at the top that I'm not sure what to do with. Overall, I love the feeling of the Kawaii (so soft!), but the Fuzzibunz is way more intuitive, and seems more like it would be able to be used at a younger age/smaller weight. Here's some bad quality pics from my phone:

CIMG0089.jpg

The blue one is the Fuzzibunz, the other is the Kawaii. In this pic the waist is tightened on the Fuzzibunz, but the legs are not.

CIMG0088.jpg

In this one the Fuzzibunz leg elastic is tightened all the way down.

CIMG0090.jpg

Here's the Fuzzibunz snaps.

CIMG0091.jpg

Here's the Kawaii snaps.

SAHMhippie.gif married to DH treehugger.gif since 09/11. Mama to DD (01/08)dust.gifand DS (06/12) babyboy.gif

#4 of 13 Old 02-21-2012, 06:23 PM

Sorry for the random rotation of the photos. Not quite sure how that happened. In any case, HTH a little.

SAHMhippie.gif married to DH treehugger.gif since 09/11. Mama to DD (01/08)dust.gifand DS (06/12) babyboy.gif

#5 of 13 Old 02-22-2012, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat13 View Post

Not really answering your question, but I have Fuzzibunz OS that I bought last year and a few of the new Elite ones. The Elite are a little bit lower rise, and much more narrow in the crotch/leg area. Also, the material of the insert is a little thinner and softer. They contain leaks/poops the same. I like the Elites more because they are a little less bulky, but not really much.  Although DH doesn't stuff the new ones because his hands don't fit! Here's a video showing the difference.

That really does help!   Can I ask what ages/sizes of kids you've had the Fuzzibunz OS on and how they're working out?

MamaintheDesert--- those pictures REALLY help.  Would you be willing to take a photo of them each on the smallest size folded up (like with the snaps all done up and everything)?   Either way, THANK YOU!!!

#6 of 13 Old 02-22-2012, 03:46 PM

I just have 1 baby that's 6 months old. He's been wearing them since about 1 week old. He was 10lbs at birth and about 20lbs now.  Honestly, I'm a little worried that he might grow out of them because I already had to let out the elastic leg band all the way (except for 1 button left) and the snaps are on the almost-biggest setting. Hopefully he doesn't grow too much more in the booty area. But I really like them. They hardly ever leak for me and are really easy to use. I have a few Bumgenius that I don't like as much mostly because their snaps are really hard to snap together.

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#7 of 13 Old 02-22-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredX2 View Post

MamaintheDesert--- those pictures REALLY help.  Would you be willing to take a photo of them each on the smallest size folded up (like with the snaps all done up and everything)?   Either way, THANK YOU!!!

Sure, no problem. Here's some more pics:

CIMG0096.jpg

Here's a front shot of them all done up. I'm PRETTY sure I did the Kawaii the right way.

CIMG0097.jpg

This is the Fuzzibunz on my DD's doll. We buy this doll actual preemie clothes that fit it perfectly. You can see the waist is actually done up so small that it's squishing the soft material of the doll's midsection. The top of the diaper sits pretty high, but the legs are fitting where they should be. However, there is enough gap in the leg openings that I can fit 2 or 3 fingers in there.

CIMG0098.jpg

Here's the Kawaii on the preemie sized doll. You can see that the top of the diaper goes nearly up to dolly's armpits, and the leg openings are much higher than the Fuzzibunz. I can actually fit my whole hand in the leg openings while the diaper is on the doll. Granted, I have small hands, but that is still an awful lot of room.

If you want any more pics, I'd be glad to oblige. It gives me a chance to try out the dipes, and get comfortable with them.

#8 of 13 Old 02-23-2012, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

MamaintheDesert-----  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.  That is exactly what I needed to see!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat13 View Post

I just have 1 baby that's 6 months old. He's been wearing them since about 1 week old. He was 10lbs at birth and about 20lbs now.  Honestly, I'm a little worried that he might grow out of them because I already had to let out the elastic leg band all the way (except for 1 button left) and the snaps are on the almost-biggest setting. Hopefully he doesn't grow too much more in the booty area. But I really like them. They hardly ever leak for me and are really easy to use. I have a few Bumgenius that I don't like as much mostly because their snaps are really hard to snap together.

Thanks for the info!  There is a good chance he won't get a lot "puddgier" since many kids start to thin out when they start moving around more.  Of course, there are always exceptions!  If you want to update in a few months, I'd love to hear how it's going.

#9 of 13 Old 03-04-2012, 05:06 PM

I wanted to add my experience because I use both of these diapers on a regular basis.  I love kawaii and feel like size wise they will last longer than my fuzzibunz one size.  I have a chunky guy that has been wearing both of them since a month old so I am not sure how well either will be on a newborn.  I imaging the FB will be fine but the kawaii might be a bit big.  My guy is 4 months now and I prefer the kawaii.  It is wider in the crotch and the rise is higher too but neither of them seem bulky or anything.  The FB are much trimmer so I guess I like that about them but like I said, the bulk with the kawaii doesn't bother me and I expect that with a one size diaper.  As far as stuffing the diapers go... I hate stuffing my FB.  It is so trim and sticky inside that it is hard to stuff and I can't see stuffing any extra in there.  With the kawaii there is lots of room for extra stuffing if need be. 

I have had absolutely no leaks with either diaper.  I line dry and they both dry quickly.  The minky kawaii take longer to dry than the regular and I have both.  I prefer the regular to the minky kawaii.  the minky are just "thick" to me. 

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#10 of 13 Old 03-05-2012, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post

I wanted to add my experience because I use both of these diapers on a regular basis.  I love kawaii and feel like size wise they will last longer than my fuzzibunz one size.  I have a chunky guy that has been wearing both of them since a month old so I am not sure how well either will be on a newborn.  I imaging the FB will be fine but the kawaii might be a bit big.  My guy is 4 months now and I prefer the kawaii.  It is wider in the crotch and the rise is higher too but neither of them seem bulky or anything.  The FB are much trimmer so I guess I like that about them but like I said, the bulk with the kawaii doesn't bother me and I expect that with a one size diaper.  As far as stuffing the diapers go... I hate stuffing my FB.  It is so trim and sticky inside that it is hard to stuff and I can't see stuffing any extra in there.  With the kawaii there is lots of room for extra stuffing if need be. 

I have had absolutely no leaks with either diaper.  I line dry and they both dry quickly.  The minky kawaii take longer to dry than the regular and I have both.  I prefer the regular to the minky kawaii.  the minky are just "thick" to me. 

Thanks! 

#11 of 13 Old 03-05-2012, 11:28 AM

We have both.  To me, the Kawaii "feel" less expensive, and the inserts are much bulkier.  But, they have really held-up and hold a LOT!  I won't be purchasing anymore due to them being manufactured in China...but really like them!

I HATE HATE HATE my FB Elite.  It will be for sale shortly!  I HATE it!  

It was a NIGHTMARE to adjust to my small babe with that elastic.  Some of the elastic from the waist sticks him in the back and they are a PAIN in the rear to stuff.

Mr sB

#12 of 13 Old 03-05-2012, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbernstein View Post

We have both.  To me, the Kawaii "feel" less expensive, and the inserts are much bulkier.  But, they have really held-up and hold a LOT!  I won't be purchasing anymore due to them being manufactured in China...but really like them!

I HATE HATE HATE my FB Elite.  It will be for sale shortly!  I HATE it!  

It was a NIGHTMARE to adjust to my small babe with that elastic.  Some of the elastic from the waist sticks him in the back and they are a PAIN in the rear to stuff.

Mr sB

Hmmmm.  Do you have another recommendation?  How old was your babe when you gave up on the FB?

#13 of 13 Old 05-09-2012, 10:16 AM

I have some 10 fuzzy bunz , need to sell .

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page