Thirsties Duo Wrap - Leaking problems - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-06-2012, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi-- I'm new to cloth diapering (have been for about 3 weeks). We are using GMD prefolds with thirsties duo wrap and flip covers. I haven't had any trouble with the flip covers leaking as long as they are tight around the leg, but I get leaks all the time with the duo wrap. For some reason, I ended up with more thirsties than flips, so I really would like to fix this problem. I get less of a problem if I twist the prefolds when I place them in the duo, but not always. DS must be wide or something, because I can not pin a yellow prefold on his 11 lb. body. It just doesn't fit. Anybody have any ideas?

Happily married to DH 

Stay-at-home mama to DS1 (01/12) & DS2 (01/14)

#2 of 2 Old 03-07-2012, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We also used the GMD prefolds and had three types of covers:  thirsties duos, thirsties and bummis.  I noticed that the thirsties duos and bummis leaked more than the "normal" thirsties, for us...I decided it was because they were cut wider/shorter, if that makes any sense.  When we ordered larger sizes, we went to all thirsties.  (They still leak on especially explosive poops, but partially because DD doesn't like tight diapers so I leave 'em a little loose.)

The orange prefolds fit my DD till she was 11 lbs, and the yellows were good till ~15 lbs.  She's kind of long and skinny though, and we used Snappis instead of pins because she was so squirmy--I feel like you need less fabric room for a snappi than for a diaper pin.  Do you spread out the ends of the diapers on the front & back as far as they will go?  11 lbs seems kind of small for the yellows not to fit.

Mom to the wacky and wonderful Kalyani (August 2011) femalesling.GIF

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page