My sister wants to try cloth - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-18-2012, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

She's due in July!  I'm so excited for her! (Mostly about the baby, not the cloth, though that is exciting too!)

I mainly used prefolds, with a tiny stash of fancy things for fun.  I love prefolds and think they rock.  She has found her local diaper store and thinks pockets are the way to go.  She thinks prefolds are confusing.  I think that's crazy-talk, but I am a supportive aunt/sister, so pockets it is!  What's awesome in pockets these days?  

#2 of 6 Old 03-22-2012, 08:12 AM

I use bumgenius and Fuzzibunz. Both are good but I prefer the bumgenius. 

If evil means to be self-motivated, to be the center of one’s own universe, to live on one’s own terms, then every artist, every thinker, every original mind, is evil. Because we dare to look through our own eyes rather than mouth clichés lent us from the so-called Fathers…three cheers for Eve. -...

#3 of 6 Old 03-24-2012, 10:37 AM

Bumgenius are good quality, but stuffing them is such a pain! I think prefold seems much easier, that being said I have never used them, and plan on it with this next baby.

Umm, mama ana, LOVE your avatar!!!

#4 of 6 Old 03-24-2012, 10:59 PM

www.ampdiaperstore.com  --- I ended up getting rid of everything else in my stash and use these exclusively now. They make FB look like someone's first attempt at a diaper. Fit so well, and we've bought half of ours used, but they hold up so well that you can't tell the difference between new and used. Expensive, but excellent resale value. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#5 of 6 Old 03-25-2012, 09:35 PM

I love Charlie banana one size for pockets.
I would suggest that she look into soft bums though. They have snap in stay dry liners. The omni can be used as a pocket but also make an awesome cover for flats/prefolds if she decides to give them a shot.

Mommy to Petunia 11/04 Bug 10/06 Button 11/09 and  Sweetie pea 12/11 DW to J :

#6 of 6 Old 03-26-2012, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yeah I second the Softbums.  I had a whole stash of them for my first baby, ended up not really liking the synthetic inners but am now happily using them as covers for prefolds.  I got mine before they had the Omni but it looks like a great innovation.  They definitely have the best OS system, super trim and fit my 7 lb 11 oz newborn perfectly from day 1.

Me, DH, DD1 (5/2009) and DD2 (10/2011).
I'm not crunchy. I'm evidence-based.

Vaccines save lives.

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page