Has anyone tried the new Bummis SuperLite covers? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-20-2012, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How do you like these covers?  We would be using them over snappied prefolds or cotton fitteds (probably GMD workhorse).  I have only used gusseted covers, but am interested in trying something new if these get good reviews.  I like the idea of wider, sturdier-looking velcro closures.  The flimsiness of the velcro is my prime complaint about the Thirsties covers we have been using.  I can't stand snaps, so that isn't an option.

Mama to a sweet little redheaded girl, born 11/09; and my HBAC baby, little brother, born 7/12.

#2 of 4 Old 03-23-2012, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I just ordered 2, but have no babe to use them on yet! They are super cute though! Reviews (from caterpillarbaby.com) were good. I also ordered 2 Thirsties Duos and the velcro is deffinitely "grippier" on the Bummis.

Laurie, wife to guitar.gifDH (Aug/04), mom tobikenew.gifDS1 (Nov/05) and bfinfant.gifDS2 (June/12).

#3 of 4 Old 03-27-2012, 07:17 AM

We have 3 Super Lites in our regular rotation. I like that the velcro is sturdy- we had an awful time with Flip velcro, but this has really held up. I've been impressed. I like the wide elastic. I like the colors. We've never had them leak. They're pretty trim (so, would work well for your fitted or snappi'ed prefold) I don't like the short rise (or maybe my little guy just has a tall rise? He outgrew the Thirsties size 1 well before the weight limit, and is outgrowing the medium Super Lites at 25lbs, and they're supposed to go to 30.) The wide velcro is strong and great, but also tends to scratch babies' bellies and legs.

All diapers have pros and cons, and I like the Super Lites for the fact that they're solid, durable covers at a good price. The feel like they'll last longer than the Econobums, which are at the same price point.

Jo - WOHM to E 12/26/10, Wife to SAHD DH.

cd.gifslingboy.giftoddler.gifbelly.gif

#4 of 4 Old 03-30-2012, 02:27 PM

I bought two of these last fall and was completely disappointed. They did their job in that they were a good barrier between diaper and clothes, and the price couldn't be beat, but the velcro didn't hold up. I'd say we used the two in rotation for 2 weeks when we noticed the velcro wear out, and took less than a month for it to wear out completely on both. Maybe I got a bad run, but I really expected better of Bummis, especially sinced I've had no issue with their other covers.

I exclusively use wool pull up covers now.

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page