Can someone recommend a newborn option for me? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-26-2012, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

We used sized fuzzi bunz with my last child and I have enough S and M to take us to potty training. They are in good condition except for the elastic which *should be* in better condition. I'd be inclined to buy XS because I know the diapers really well but I am annoyed with the quality of the last ones I bought and I am annoyed that they moved their production to China. My US-made ones although really old are better quality.  Never had leaking issues never had stink issues never had staining issues.

I like KISS diapering. I am happy with one thing that works really well. I don't want to think about it. I am flexible on price for a great diaper.

I'd also prefer organic and Made in US. I'd like to avoid a lot of prepping.

I don't think I can deal with flats. Will consider fitted and wool covers but they need to be as effective as the FB microfiber.

Ideas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was going to suggest non-bleached, cotton prefolds. I also use primarily fuzzi bunz or other pocket style diapers and I'm quite fond of them but prefolds are great for newborns because they can be folded so many different ways in order to get the right fit. And thirsties covers are excellent!

Old 03-27-2012, 09:15 AM

I used newborn and infant prefolds with thirsties covers for ds in the beginning. Worked really well (trifolded is easier, but I preferred pins & snappies).

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

Old 03-27-2012, 09:59 AM

Organic + MF really doesn't happen.  It's one or the other. 

I really like my OS pockets. Can't beat the Rumparooz, IMO.  They fit from NB, and I'm still putting them on my giant (off-the-charts) 2.5 yo. 

I did really love fitteds/wool with a little one though, it cut down a lot on the clothes we needed (we did wool only).  So much of it is dependent upon the shape of the babe though.  My little guy had chicken legs until 9 mos, and only a few brands of dipes would fit snugly around the legs, the main one (Dream Eze) has since gone out of business.  But if you're going to go fitteds/wool, I highly recommend searching out side snaps, they give you a better fit than front snaps. 

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Old 03-27-2012, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

LOL - Yes I know there is no organic microfiber. If I buy a natural fiber, I'd prefer it to be organic.

I spoke to a cloth diaper store and she rec'd kissaluvs and was actually really impressed when I asked about wool covers.  And steered me away from the XS fuzi bunz I was considering.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:52 PM

I love fitted and wool.  Best combo ever.  Mine are homemade- and honestly I don't really love my kissaluvs.  I mean in theory they are awesome- but mine never absorbed worth a hoot.  They are adorable- but overpriced.  I would think there would be way better options for newborn fitted diapers....  But a good thick woolie can  NOT be beat :)  Mine again are handknit- so they are nice and thick and beautiful- but they are leakproof.  I know some say that your wool cover will only be as good as your diaper- I don't know- cause both my diapers and woolies are super awesome and absorbent...

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

Old 06-08-2012, 10:24 PM

I recently tried the bamboo cloth diapers from the website www.giraffita.com and I love those diapers. The price is correct and the quality is great. I like their design and velcro closures. They are also very absorbant and super soft. It is really nice to be able to use bamboo cloth diapers for my baby :))

Old 07-09-2012, 05:12 PM

I really loved kissaluv fitteds and thirsties covers for my son when he was first born. I did a rental and it worked out very well. I didn't have to bother selling them after and they came already prepped.

My favorite covers for newborns are the little joeys from rumparooz. If I had the budget I would have liked the ecoposh diapers by them. 

For my niece we use grovia newborn all in ones and they work great and fit her for a long time. 

Tags
Diapering
User Tag List