Use of Knickernappies Superdos in Applecheek diapers - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-27-2012, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone,

I'm new to cloth diapering and I'm looking for some advice with the new inserts I have.  I purchased a large lot of Knickernappies Superdos inserts after researching them online.  They seem to be incredibly absorbant and very efficient for nighttime use.  I tried using one in my Applecheeks enveloppe cover and ended with some leakage around the stomach and one leg elastic.  Any ideas on how to correct this?  Also, if any of you use these inserts, what covers do you prefer using them with?

Thanks everyone!

Felibobo

#2 of 5 Old 03-27-2012, 03:44 PM

Inserts aren't diapers.  They're meant to go inside a diaper.  You're expecting them to act like a diaper, and they really don't.  I'm not really sure why that is though.  You may need more width, you may need more absorbency in the wet zone.  You may just need more bulk. 

You didn't indicate whether the leakage was during sleep, whether you have a boy or girl, whether the insert was damp or soaked, what position babe was sleeping in when it leaked, etc.  All of those would help pinpoint the exact problem you're having. 

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#3 of 5 Old 03-27-2012, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yeah the Super Do is supposed to go inside a pocket diaper.  I have a couple, haven't looked at them in a long time (we eventually went to disposables for overnight) but I seem to remember they have a microfiber layer over the hemp?  If so you definitely don't want to use them next to baby's skin, microfiber is irritating.  HTH

Me, DH, DD1 (5/2009) and DD2 (10/2011).
I'm not crunchy. I'm evidence-based.

Vaccines save lives.

#4 of 5 Old 03-28-2012, 09:39 AM

Er...I believe the original poster used the inserts in an Apple Cheeks pocket diaper.

Issues could be 1)Not prepping diaper inserts before use. Did you wash the insert several times before using, this maximizes absorbancy?    2)Was insert soaking wet when leaking occurred? This means you need more heft, so adding an extra insert into the pocket could help. 3)Was insert properly stuffed, liner or insert not hanging out in front or around legs? 4)Was liner able to lie flat in pocket? Or was it too big for the pocket?

I normally use my knickernappies inserts  in BumGenius 3.0 or knickernappies pockets..

#5 of 5 Old 04-02-2012, 04:25 PM
myk

the applecheeks IS a pocket diaper.

not sure what to suggest. did your applecheeks come with hemp or bamboo inserts? you might consider doubling up.

January 2011

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page