Happy to be back in cloth - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-19-2012, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Our washer broke about two weeks ago, and LO had to wear disposables for a few days. Luckily my sister was able to give me her old washer yesterday, so situation is resolved.

I just did not realize how strongly both DH and I prefer cloth to sposies, a situation I could never have imagined as I ordered a few cloth diapers, just to try, pre-baby. In the past 2 weeks, we pulled out her retired small diapers, scrounged and used all the prefolds and covers we rarely use, including the bag of smalls I had packed up to return to a friend. I even handwashed a load of pockets, but was not entirely happy with the results. We eventually gave in after every cloth diaper in the house had been used almost two weeks later, and broke into the box of disposables that we already had thanks to my mom, who likes to make sure we have them just in case. I am appreciative now of that. LO ended up in sposies for only 2 days, but what a sigh of relief it was to remove that disposable today in exchange for fresh laundered cloth. Ahh...so much better.

The funniest thing was how much DH complained about it, he who was originally reluctant to do cloth, very much bothered by not having "real" diapers.

Anyone else forced to recognize their love of cloth? I just needed to express mine.

#2 of 3 Old 04-19-2012, 02:38 PM

oh yes, whenever I wash, and pull that renewable bunch of diaps out of the dryer, I am so happy to have cloth, and to have not had to buy a bag of diapers. 

#3 of 3 Old 05-01-2012, 08:29 PM

I love using cloth. Much more than I thought I would. I love having a clean crate of stuffed, folded, brightly colored diapers ready to go. I love that I don't ever have to haul home huge boxes of disposables, or haul bags of dirty ones out to the garbage. I'm already trying to figure out what I'm going to do when I travel to Chicago this summer to visit my brother and sister in law. I'm debating if it's okay to ask if I can use their washer while I'm there or if it will be too much of an extra hassle on them (I'm going to help with my soon-to-be nephew). I really don't want to travel with disposables. 

stillheart.gif Momma-ing the Muffin since October 2011!

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page