Kissa's Ogc Cotton / Hemp fitted for overnight? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-11-2012, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Title says it all - DS2 (15 months) is a major super soaker and we haven't found anything that works overnight for him, so we're using sposies (yuck)! I'd really rather not be getting up to change him, but if I try putting him in cloth, typically he pees right through it.

Part of it is that we're trying to use BG's or a similar pocket (Fuzzibunz, etc), and he just pees out of the side, so I don't know that it's entirely an absorbency issue. I think I'd like to try a good fitted with hemp. Anyone used the Kissa's organic cotton and hemp? I was going to try it with a hemp doubler and a wool cover (I'm a knitter - we've got LOTS of wool around here!). I've also been eyeing up Babee Greens hemp/cotton fitted, but the Kissa's is on a website that I've got a coupon for, so ...

Any input would be awesome!

Kelley, lucky partner to my Canuck and momma to Peter Gwydion (9/08) whistling.gif, Eliot Theoden (2/11) sleepytime.gif, and Harper Ophelia (m/c 6/12) rainbow1284.gif . We breastfeed exclusively, cosleep peacefully, vax selectively, homeschool joyously, and love each other unconditionally! luxlove.gif 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-12-2012, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We use a larger fitted diaper that was made with 2 layers of zorb soaker material inside with an insert that has 3 layers of zorb inside http://www.etsy.com/transaction/37738484.  That seller (http://www.etsy.com/shop/twinkletoesdiapers?ref=seller_infodoesn't have the night-time inserts listed anymore, but I'm sure she'd make them for you if you asked.  For a cover we use a wool wrap, and then as a second wet-protection layer, wool jammies or pants.  In the summer since we don't want long pants, we have wraps that I made with two layers of thick felted wool for nighttime.  We almost NEVER have a leak.  The few times that we have it is because the diaper wasn't tucked into the wrap cover properly.

We really like the zorb.  It really is quite absorbent without taking too long to dry (we line dry).  Since we only have the zorb diapers in larger sizes, I've been considering investing in these for night-time use if we have another one: http://www.etsy.com/listing/96921149/heavenly-angelbottoms-fitted-cloth

We avoid non-natural fabrics for diapers, but I feel ok about the zorb since it's inside the cotton layers and not coming in contact with her skin.

Work at home, homesteading mom sharing child care 50/50 with my wonderful WAH DH. DD1 born Jan. 2010.   March '12.   DD2 & DD3 (twins) born Feb. 2013
#3 of 3 Old 05-13-2012, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Awesome! Checking them out. Thanks!

Kelley, lucky partner to my Canuck and momma to Peter Gwydion (9/08) whistling.gif, Eliot Theoden (2/11) sleepytime.gif, and Harper Ophelia (m/c 6/12) rainbow1284.gif . We breastfeed exclusively, cosleep peacefully, vax selectively, homeschool joyously, and love each other unconditionally! luxlove.gif 

Tags
Diapering

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page