Are these OK to use? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-17-2012, 04:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Mummas,

Am doing a bit of buying/planning in advance at the moment (nearing end of first trimester with first bub) and have been eBay-ing and have come across these-

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10-PAPOOSE-One-Size-Cloth-nappies-10-Inserts-11-Colors-/250901183655?pt=AU_Nappies&hash=item3a6ae03ca7

I am new to cloth, but wanting to use only cloth for this Babe.. Would you recommend something like these? Are these the All In Ones? But with inserts? Or are there other kinds that are better?

Confused redface.gif

treehugger.gifHappy Vegetarian Gal and geek.gif Techie Man-   heartbeat.gifNewly Wed!!!heartbeat.gif  Expecting "Albi" Christmas 2012 diaper.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif

#2 of 4 Old 05-17-2012, 04:48 AM

Those are probably "pockets," so a water proof shell with a moisture wicking liner and the insert (probably microfiber) is inserted in between them. Before and after each wash the insert has to be removed and then reinserted. These look like a repackaging of one of the Chinese brands (alva, sun baby, globug) which are cheap cheap cheap and some people really like but some people don't care for. Idk if that helps but I hope it does!
#3 of 4 Old 05-17-2012, 06:48 AM

I would probably stay away from those. They'd likely work alright, but I have a few off brand diapers, and they aren't great quality. The PUL is detaching in some places, the snaps don't snap quite right. I've only been using them for a few months, and am comparing to the BumGenius, FuzziBunz, and other pocket diapers I bought used that are still in mostly perfect condition. The one cheaper diaper I do like are Kawaii diapers, which fit my chunky monkey really well, but would not work for a newborn.

#4 of 4 Old 05-17-2012, 07:24 AM

Yes, these are pocket diapers. That's a great price, and IMO, worth trying out. I have tried homemade pockets in the past (no babies to diaper any more!), and they worked out very well.

My faves were Wonderoos, and these look like a style similar to those, but I don't think they make them any more. Fuzzibunz ran a close second. 

Go with pockets! They rock.

Certified Crazy™ Wife to my Spiderman husband luxlove.gif(Aug '01)

Super proud Momma  to DD (Jan'00), DD (Apr '02) and DS (Jun '04)

Always loving and missing our Baby James angel.gif born sleeping at 19 weeks (July '03).

signcirc1.gif

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page