Fuzzi Bunz vs. Charlie Banana? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 05-23-2012, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking for some feedback from anyone who may have used Charlie Banana and how they compare to FB? I used FB with my daughter and loved them, since then I have read about several improvements, so I'm excited to use them again...

Anyone use both and love or hate the other? I've not heard much about CB personally, only read reviews online and saw good things-I'm going to do the elite/one size this time around, as I'm having another girl and think up to 35lbs is sufficient like it was w/the first...

Thanks for any info!

cd.gifsaynovax.gifbftoddler.gifMom to Seraphina, expecting baby girl # 2 in Aug 2012 redface.gif

#2 of 12 Old 05-24-2012, 08:41 PM

I've been interested in this comparisson as well.  I asked for a Fuzzi Bunz v. Kawaii a while ago and realized I like the adjustment concept on the one size Fuzzi Bunz better (leg elastic versus snaps).  I noticed Charlie Banana has the same basic concept.  Looking forward to hearing more about them!

#3 of 12 Old 05-24-2012, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

I have a couple of each in the nb sizes, but baby is not here yet... one seems just a bit shorter and wider than the other. I can check them in the morning to see which it was. 

I've seen the os cb in the store and they looked really big and not as adjustable as I would like for a small baby, maybe when she is a bit older though. Have not seen the fb os.

#4 of 12 Old 05-25-2012, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

So you think the CB seem a bit to big for a newborn? I'm trying to avoid buying multiple sizes and don't want to get any disposables...I used FB in medium with my DD, starting at around 3/4 months though, back when I'm pretty sure they didn't even have the one sz, or at least I didn't know about them- the one size say 7-35lbs, and she was 9lb when born and my feeling is this next baby will be at least 9lbs...

Thanks for the feedback wink1.gif

cd.gifsaynovax.gifbftoddler.gifMom to Seraphina, expecting baby girl # 2 in Aug 2012 redface.gif

#5 of 12 Old 05-25-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Monez View Post

So you think the CB seem a bit to big for a newborn? I'm trying to avoid buying multiple sizes and don't want to get any disposables...I used FB in medium with my DD, starting at around 3/4 months though, back when I'm pretty sure they didn't even have the one sz, or at least I didn't know about them- the one size say 7-35lbs, and she was 9lb when born and my feeling is this next baby will be at least 9lbs...

Thanks for the feedback wink1.gif

With a 9+ pound baby, I think any of the one sizes are going to fit pretty quickly.  I've seen people say, "they didn't fit well until 10 lbs" which is an issue if you have a 5lb baby, but with that only being two weeks of growth?  Not so much.

#6 of 12 Old 05-29-2012, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

I got some of each the other day and have to say I am really liking the CB better...they have a flap that covers the insert, and the adjustment on the leg elastic is easier to find and adjust...For some reason you have to nearly turn the entire FB inside out to get to the elastic to move buttons...with CB, its a slide along the elastic which just moves easier.

Also, there is an overlap button that lets you make the waist even smaller than FB- they are as soft and well made as FB too, so I think I will be ordering the rest in CB! Can't wait to be diapering this baby smile.gif

#7 of 12 Old 05-29-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Monez View Post

I got some of each the other day and have to say I am really liking the CB better...they have a flap that covers the insert, and the adjustment on the leg elastic is easier to find and adjust...For some reason you have to nearly turn the entire FB inside out to get to the elastic to move buttons...with CB, its a slide along the elastic which just moves easier.

Also, there is an overlap button that lets you make the waist even smaller than FB- they are as soft and well made as FB too, so I think I will be ordering the rest in CB! Can't wait to be diapering this baby smile.gif

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!  That's really helpful information.  If you have time/desire to take pictures of them laid out next to each other (so we can *see* the size difference) that would be awesome!

#8 of 12 Old 05-29-2012, 10:53 AM

I *just* found this (havent' watched it yet) but wanted to share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY8Y3WN1plk

It's a 9 minute comparison of Charlie Banana & Fuzzi Bunz :)

#9 of 12 Old 05-29-2012, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

FB vs. CB

so this is the OS in FB on left and CB on right- as you can see the FB are smaller overall, in this picture they are both set to smallest leg opening

FB vs. CB

Sorry about the rotation, so the FB still seems smaller, and has one less button on the bottom row

photo 3.JPG

Open, you can see that the FB s still a shorter diaper, with both set to XS on legs (In FB its by numbers, so 7 is smallest)

Also, you can see the flap on the CB that covers the insert.  The trade off here is that the FB does have an adjustable elastic in the waste, but I see it almost as more annoying since when it is set very small, the insert pops out since there is no flap

photo 4.JPG

Elastic on FB

photo 5.JPG

Elastic on CB, also note flap

photo 3 copy.JPG

Both on smallest leg and smallest waist, I think the shortness of the FB may be an issue as baby gets bigger- the OS seem to me about the same as the medium ones i used years ago, but now with the ability to shrink down- also think the extra coverage in the back will help with those explosive diapers!!

Hope this helps!

#10 of 12 Old 05-29-2012, 12:25 PM

That helps so much.  Thanks for showing us such a great comparison!!!

#11 of 12 Old 05-29-2012, 02:14 PM

Cool! The problem i see with the CB is it looks like the diaper isn't smooth on the inside. The diapers I have that are not smooth are harder to spray the poop out of. While I do enjoy my rumparooz it can be quite diffacult to get into the little nooks to spray clean.

Blessed Mama through adoption. Diva 3, Baby J 1, Baby E 6 months (and still waiting for us to come get her!)

#12 of 12 Old 05-30-2012, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

The fleece on the CB is definitely as smooth as the FB, if not more so- I was never a sprayer, just a shake and wash smile.gif But i was planning on getting the sprayer this time...I'm looking forward to using them!

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page