Done with Diapers - and a bit sad... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-25-2012, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)

Is it weird that I'm a bit sad to be done with cloth diapers? My second just potty trained (really easy) so I packed up the stash, and today I unsubscribed from the Fuzzibuns email list (just the first one I got since potty training!). 

I suppose it's must mostly just be nostalgia for babyhood, and the fact that I have no practical plans for more babies. Also I was really proud to manage to be a working mum who cloth diapered through 2 children. 

Anyway I just wanted to share on this forum where I thought you all might appreciate my feelings. Hope it's OK. :) Also if you're currently struggling with the washing routine - remember, one day this will be over! 

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

No, it's not weird! Is it weird I've considered having another baby just to reuse my cloth diapers? HAHA 

Cloth diapering moms are such a community it's definitely going to be hard leaving that part of my 'mommyhood' behind. 

and KUDOS to you for being a working CDing mama! That's amazing! 

Old 05-28-2012, 04:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My daughter PT really quickly over a year and a half ago, and my son is in the process. I'm so sad to think that one day, those cute diaper bums will not be around me anymore :(. I love coming here and seeing I'm not the only one "grieving" potty training because of the cloth diapers!

Wife to DH dh_malesling.GIF(12.10.2009), Anchorage based doula joy.gif, Proud mama to Autumnblahblah.gif (09.03.2008), Sylas bouncy.gif(04.25.2010), angel1.gif(06.11.2012), Callioperainbow1284.gif(04.23.2013)

Old 05-29-2012, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)

Glad I'm not the only one too! 

Working and CDing wasn't too hard - it just meant having the nursery on board. We used one-size pockets (with velcro tabs) to make it as easy as possible, and sent them in stuffed and ready to go. I think it added maybe two or three loads of laundry a week, but once we got into the swing of it it just because routine. :) 

I am noticing the reduction in use of our washing machine. That's something to be happy with! 

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

Tags
Diapering
User Tag List