Pockets and AIO's with No Fleece/Synthetics - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 05-31-2012, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'd like a list of all the pocket diapers and AIO/AI2 diapers out there that do NOT use fleece, microfiber, or other synthetic materials for their interior and inserts. (Obviously the outer waterproof material is synthetic.) I've had SO many issues/problems with synthetic materials in diapers! I mostly use prefolds and fitteds at this point (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE), but I'd like to have maybe half a dozen "easy" diapers for on the go, babysitters/grandparents, etc. Can you help me with a list of pocket/AIO/AI2 diapers that use only cotton, hemp or bamboo for the inner material and inserts? Thanks!!

slinggirl.gif  Melissa: wife todh_malesling.GIF, mama to 5 dear children grouphug.gif and remembering Matthias angel2.gif (8.9.05 - 8.10.05)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 05-31-2012, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

http://www.happyheinys.com/our-products/organic-one-size

#3 of 11 Old 05-31-2012, 10:02 PM

Bottombumpers are an AIO that the interior is made of organic cotton and topped with bamboo velour.

Swadleebees makes the Econappi, which is a pocket lined with organic cotton velour and it comes with a hemp/cotton insert I believe.

The Grovia line has their AIO and the All-in-Two (snap in insert) that have organic cotton options.

Oh, and BumGenius has the Elemental which is an AIO with an organic cotton inner.

There's more, I'm sure, but that was just off the top of my head!

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

#4 of 11 Old 05-31-2012, 10:26 PM

I am very fond of the Grovia AI2s.

#5 of 11 Old 06-02-2012, 12:26 PM

My faves have been very baby in hemp (this place sells ready-made ones, it's otherwise a sew-your-own pattern so there are some other places to get them too).

I've also love my loveybums diapers - and they do make an AIO style  that may be of interest.

#6 of 11 Old 06-02-2012, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Just an fyi that Tallulah Baby has closed. 

You think the loveybums are worth the price? They look really great but I got another brand that used to be pretty popular that was wool with a snap in and I hated it. 

#7 of 11 Old 06-02-2012, 01:36 PM

Dang - see, it's been awhile since I've bought new diapers, I didn't realize they'd closed.  If I find one of my other links to a seller with their AIO's I'll stick it here.

I've also had sugar peas wool covers that were designed to be an AIO, and in comparison I do think the loveybums would make a better wool AIO than those if it's what someone was looking for.  They've got bigger and strechier gussets and are thicker layers of wool too.  

#8 of 11 Old 06-09-2012, 02:07 PM

You could also get some custom made WAHM diapers.  Our favorite is Three Monkeys. She has very reasonable prices, well made diapers,  and if you buy 5 at $16, you get the 6th one free (or buy 10 get 3 free).  She does whatever you want, including cotton velour or bamboo velour inner for an extra $1-2 per diaper. Her basic inserts that come with them are bamboo fleece and super absorbent.  She also has tons of great prints to choose from. The only real down side is the wait time for customs.  I think it's about 5 weeks right now.eyesroll.gif

http://www.threemonkeysclothdiapers.com/

Amyread.gifsewmachine.gif - married to my best friend bikenew.gif and mom to DS jog.gif  born September, 2011.

winner.jpg    nocirc.gif    femalesling.GIF    familybed1.gif    cd.gif

#9 of 11 Old 07-12-2012, 03:19 PM

I LOVE Best Bottom diapers! Sold my Fuzzibunz to replace with Best Bottom. They have a organic cotton/hemp insert that has a cotton fleece on one side. SUPER TRIM!!

Softbums have a great cotton/hemp insert that I've hused for nightime. They do have fleece on the inside but its not over the insert, just as backing against the waterproof shell.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#10 of 11 Old 09-09-2012, 06:51 PM

We have a Blueberry bamboo pocket with bamboo fleece lining. We like it. Also love Grovias. Their cotton inserts hold as much as any microfleece diaper. If you preassemble them, they are as easy to use as a pocket or AIO.

Emily Lin, mom to Alia (2011). Clinical herbalist and nutritional consultant at Integral Herbalism  (www.facebook.com/IntegralHerbalism). Natural health articles at http://emilylsnelling.hubpages.com .homebirth.jpg treehugger.gif

#11 of 11 Old 10-17-2012, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I am pretty sure that Bum Genius Elementals are organic cotton interior and then the plastic outside.  They are AIO, expensive, but I love them.  Super trim and One size.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

Tags
Diapering

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page