Econobum or Flip Cover over prefold? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-07-2012, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I use snappied or pinned prefolds. DS is outgrowing his small covers, and I need to buy more in the next size. I was looking at Flip covers. They are on sale, buy 2 get one free, so 27.90 for 3 covers. Econobum covers are 8.95 each. I have one Econobum cover. It works just fine and covers the prefold well. It feels a bit flimsy, but has good reviews. I am curious about the Flips. I like the colors and that they are one size. They are a good price if I buy 3, but I don't want to buy 3 and have them not work over my prefolds. I don't want to buy a whole new diapering system. I already have premium prefolds for when DS outgrows the infant size he is in now.

Have you used Flips over prefolds? How do they work for you? If you have tried Econobum too, do you like one better?

Mom to Sam (3/2007), Bekah (4/2009)hbac.gif, Jedidiah (4/2012)hbac.gif, and expecting #4 in March!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Just thought I'd bump your post up for attention. You might try a poll too. :)

Old 06-26-2012, 06:28 AM

I own a cloth diaper shop, and answered this exact question last week :)

With the sale, the Flip is a better choice, for basically the same price. Confession: half of our personal covers are Econobums (we got them before we owned the business, when they were Buy 1 Get 1 once-upon-a-time), and they totally work, but the Flips are definitely sturdier, have better colors, and seen less prone to "wing droop". I've had trouble with the fabric around the snaps of the Econobums starting to stretch out- no holes yet, but I can see the wear. The Flips seem to be made with better materials.

Jo - WOHM to E 12/26/10, Wife to SAHD DH.

cd.gifslingboy.giftoddler.gifbelly.gif

Old 06-27-2012, 04:45 PM

I actually had both the econobum and flip covers in my hands today. I ended up going with kissaliv marvels because they have a deep sturdy gusset and ive had some trouble with leaking out the legs of pockets when double stuffed and saturated. The flips I heard good things of but they don't have anything special going on for gussets. The kissaluvs basically have an extra triangle of PUL to make a deep gusset. I've used it all day with my very heavy wetting 15 month old and it has been bulletproof even when the fitteds were completely saturated. Unlike my bummed super lite, it doesn't get wet so I've been using it without swapping. It's costlier but it's a real workhorse and one size :-)
Old 07-07-2012, 08:20 AM

Have you ever tried the thirsties duo wraps? I use those over fitteds at night (when I don't use wool) and they work well. I like the double gussets on the legs.

stillheart.gif Momma-ing the Muffin since October 2011!

Old 07-11-2012, 10:54 AM

how did I miss this? I love econobum! Never leak, always fit my babe. 

Tags
Diapering
User Tag List