Good snap covers? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-22-2012, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have lately come to love pad folding a flat into a cover around the house for my almost 15 month old DD. it doesn't hold a huge amount but it's great while we EC and I change her often. She's usually in fitteds under wool or pockets while we are out but the flat in a cover is great when I'm running low on clean diaps :-)

I have a bummis super whisper wrap with Velcro and don't like it. I find it very stiff and while its durable, the velcro is really harsh if it brushes her skin. I also have a bummis super lite with Velcro and like it better for flexibility and softness but I can't use it twice in a row, as the leg gussets get wet very easily.

I love snaps on my pockets and fitteds so I think picking up a snap cover should be good. The store two blocks from me carries bummis super snap covers and Kissaluvs marvels one size cover. I'd love some input if anyone has used these covers or if there's a different snap cover that you love.

Thank you :-)
#2 of 9 Old 06-22-2012, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I love motherease airflow covers.
I get wing droop in front snap and much preferred the ME side snap. I do have a blueberry snap cover but due to the wing issue I don't use it unless everything else is dirty.

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd
#3 of 9 Old 06-22-2012, 08:39 PM

I use Fluffy's Diapers snap covers. She sells on etsy. Insanely cute and the sizes last for a loooong time. A medium would fit your kiddo from now until past age two.

jumpers.gif

DD (4.25.08)  DD (4.23.10)  DD (10.13.12)

#4 of 9 Old 06-22-2012, 08:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I've been happy with both the Thirsties Duo Wrap Snap cover and the Gro Via Snap diaper cover. The Thirsties have more coverage all over, and the Gro Via is a little slimmer fit. I use cloth prefolds in them with out pins and everything stays in place for my 22+ lb, 9 month old boy. 

rinap likes this.

I just love being a mama to my son born 9/22/2011 and expecting baby early December 2014 joy.gif

cd.gif homebirth.jpg​ familybed1.gif  bfolderchild.gif 

#5 of 9 Old 06-24-2012, 09:57 AM

I use flip covers, prowrap, thirsties, and I think a swaddlebees cover. All have snaps but prowrap. I like flip the best for its softness and thirsties for its coverage. Prowraps are last just because it's Velcro and not as cute. wink1.gif
#6 of 9 Old 06-25-2012, 05:48 AM

Flips are good covers if you're looking for a one-size option. I like Mother-Ease covers, too, but you have to use a fitted or a Snappi- you can't pad-fold in the side-snapping cover. The Bummis Super Snap is very much like the SWW- great, durable, but the cover is a bit stiff. If you're concerned about gussets getting wet, Thirsties isn't for you.

Jo - WOHM to E 12/26/10, Wife to SAHD DH.

cd.gifslingboy.giftoddler.gifbelly.gif

#7 of 9 Old 06-25-2012, 10:27 AM

You are going to think I am nuts, but a snap cover we love is the Econobum. They fit my dd great, never leak, and don't give her a nasty velcro rash.

Obviously, they don't come in cute colors, and that's a downside. But other then that we are pleased. Currently potty teaching dd and we are saving them for the newborn.

#8 of 9 Old 06-25-2012, 12:27 PM

I love the Thirsties Duo wraps.  We had a ton of bummis super lite with DD1 but I like the Thirsties fit much better now that I've tried it.

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
#9 of 9 Old 06-25-2012, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you all for chiming in with great info. I will probably get a couple of different brands to try. I wish local stores had more of a selection. I'm a touchy-feely buyer and don't love shopping online.

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page