WWYD - Repair or resell? BumGenius3s with worn-out aplix - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-01-2012, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My BG3.0s from DS have super worn out aplix. I could only afford a small stash (9 dipes) so they got washed *a lot*. Otherwise I assume they are in fine shape, since I never had any other issue with them. I know I can get the repair kit from the manufacturer, but I can't decide if it's worth the work (especially ripping out the old aplix). I am also seriously considering jumping ship to hybrids because I didn't love stuffing those pockets, and they took forever to dry. With twins on the way I'm thinking those two factors would be dealbreakers. So I am inclined to sell off my BGs, only I don't know that I could get that much for them. I don't have any experience selling used CDs, but it seems like they really need to be in *very* gently used condition to sell. Say for $5 each, it's probably not worth it to sell them. Any advice for me? TIA!

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#2 of 3 Old 07-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)

If you are planning on switching to hybrids, I would likely sell them and just add an addendum that they will likely need new aplix.  Not worth replacing it if you aren't going to use them, and there are people who like to do stuff like that. :)

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#3 of 3 Old 07-03-2012, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks, Adina! If you have any advice as to where to sell/how to price, please send it my way. 

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page