Diaper sprayer... Is my 3.5 year old going to spray the whole bathroom? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-13-2012, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With my first 2 I used a sprayer that was like a quick release that attached to the shower head plumbing and could be removed and was up high but could reach the toilet.

The shower situation is different now, and the old sprayer died, so I'm looking at the ones that attach to the toilet plumbing.
So for you folks who have used this type of sprayer...

Did your older, but still young, kids spray it around the bathroom. I can just see my younger, soon to be middle, child doing this.
Do you have enough water pressure?
Anything you really didn't like about it?

Thanks!

winner.jpgfamilybed2.gifsewmachine.gifcd.gif Homeschooling, happy, messy-housed mama to my 2 wild boys fencing.gif 10/05 and 9/08, and my sweet little girl babygirl.gif 2/13 and blessed to be married to the best guy for me since 12/96.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 05:25 PM

Yes, yes he will.

A couple weeks ago my DS, 2 yrs 9 mos, snuck into my bathroom while I was putting his little sister down for her nap, and sprayed about 10 gallons of water all over the entire room. How do I know it was 10 gallons? My bathroom is large and carpeted (a carpeted bathroom? WTF? I know.) and I had to use a steam vac to suck up all the water. The place still smells slightly nasty--mildew, urine from the toilet, or something. So I think we're going to have to get the room professionally cleaned, and if that doesn't work, we will have to tear out the ruined carpet and replace it with tile, which I'd love to do but can't yet afford.

Needless to say, there is now a lock on the outside of the bathroom door and he is not allowed in there unsupervised, ever.

ETA: The diaper sprayer is awesome! I use it both to clean diapers and as a personal bidet in lieu of TP. Note that I chose to keep the diaper sprayer and keep my bathroom locked rather than getting rid of the diaper sprayer. smile.gif
Old 07-13-2012, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

wow, carpet in the bathroom... I thought my carpeted kitchen was bad.

Yeah, I was afraid of that scenario.  I can't keep him out because that's our main bathroom, the other is just a toilet in the laundry room which I prefer the kids don't use since there is detergent and such in there.  I *might* be able to do the diaper sprayer in that one, but it's a really tiny space.

He needs to be able to run in there whenever because he waits till the last second to quit playing and go pee, plus I don't want to have to stop whatever I am doing for toilet breaks.

He's a wild one anyway, so I'm usually pretty aware if he is taking longer than 30 seconds in the bathroom.  

But I know he'll find time to make a mess once I've got a newborn.

Maybe I could do a lock that his older brother could reach for him....

Thanks for your response!!

winner.jpgfamilybed2.gifsewmachine.gifcd.gif Homeschooling, happy, messy-housed mama to my 2 wild boys fencing.gif 10/05 and 9/08, and my sweet little girl babygirl.gif 2/13 and blessed to be married to the best guy for me since 12/96.

Tags
Diapering
User Tag List