Closed container for daycare - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-15-2012, 04:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For those who cloth diaper at day care, I need to supply a "closed container" for used diapers. I was going to get a wet bag, but don't know if that's sufficient. A small trash can lined with the wet bag was my initial thought, but would that contain the smell? I'd be taking the 6 or so dipes home every night. My daycare doesn't use cloth now, so we are pioneering and want to make it as easy as possible. Is there another option I'm not thinking of, as I think the closed container is a requirement for a lot of places?

Mama to Jaxon Sage, born 8/11/12, in the backseat of my car. smile.gif

#2 of 6 Old 10-15-2012, 06:31 AM

I would think that the best option would be a large wetbag, but other than that, a small rubbermaid- type container (maybe 2 gallons) would work too. 

rtjunker likes this.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#3 of 6 Old 10-15-2012, 08:10 AM

Our day care was fine with a drawstring wetbag (we were the second ones to use cloth, I believe).  I've heard that some people use those plastic buckets that cheap ice cream comes in.  The lids are fairly easy on/off and if it gets funky, you find someone to give you another one!

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

#4 of 6 Old 10-19-2012, 07:48 AM

I used a wetbag, but if they insist on a closed container I found that the 5gal buckets you can buy at home improvement stores and that my costco laundry detergent came in worked really well with my pail liners.

I found the "waterproof" drawstring bags in the sporting goods section of walmart that were not 100% waterproof like a real wetbag is. I used it for a pail liner for a step on trashcan, but they fit really well into the 5gal buckets too.

I started to replace the drawstring with a piece of elastic which made things easier.

I think they ran about 5bucks each. You could bring in a pail like that with a lid and just take the bag home with the used diapers.....and wash the pail periodically.

I usually put a wipe dotted pretty heavily with tea tree oil in the bottom of my pails under the liner and switched those out frequently.

#5 of 6 Old 10-19-2012, 08:41 AM

I used to use a wet bag. Now my daycare seems to prefer to individually wrap them in plastic grocery bags.
#6 of 6 Old 10-22-2012, 03:53 AM

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page