When did you start potty training? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-24-2012, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all, I'm wondering when you cloth diapering mamas started potty training your kids.  My DD (15 months) is clearly not ready yet, but is getting closer...she knows when she's going to poo and will sometimes tell me if she has (unless she doesn't want to interrupt her play :P ) and is interested in the potty, but I'm not sure she even notices when she pees.  My mom and MIL both cloth-diapered but neither can remember when they started the potty training.  2 yrs?  3 yrs?  What's "normal"?  I'll happily go with "whenever she seems ready," but it helps to have a guideline. 

Thanks in advance!

Mom to the wacky and wonderful Kalyani (August 2011) femalesling.GIF

#2 of 2 Old 11-24-2012, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I introduced the potty around 11 months. At that point it was clearly EC, not PL but it made the potty part of daily routine. Now at almost 20 months she is telling me "potty" 2 to 4 times a day when she needs to go. Now there are still many deposits in the diaper (mostly pee) but we are moving slowly towards going diaper free. I suggest encouraging her interest in the potty and giving her opportunities to use it informally. When she's ready to go more formal with PL, the potty will be a familiar, routine thing, not something new and possibly scary. Just my two cents :-)

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page