Did newborn clothes/onesies fit your newborn in cloth? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-10-2012, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I started my son in cloth at 8 months, so newborn stage is new to me. I have TONS of super cute newborn clothes that were gifted to me. Were you able to put your baby into newborn or 0-3 months sized clothes with a cloth diaper? I am wondering if I should take back and exchange the things that still have tags on them for 3-6 months, but I do still want to use them when the baby is first born. Thanks 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-10-2012, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It depends.

I found the one piece PJs/outfits needed to be sized up with all but my trimmest diapers. I loved carters onesies and they were long enough to always fit by the weight recommendation.

Pants, the soft ones were usually fine, or size up once we were well into a size range, while jeans needed to be sized up on my chunker in prefolds, but not my slim one in fitteds or AIOs)

My kids were 9lb 2 oz and 8 lb, so newborn clothes did not fit long in any event. We did get use from 0-3.

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

#3 of 3 Old 12-10-2012, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I've got an almost 2 week old and we haven't had many problems with cloth and NB clothes. I haven't had him in jeans yet, mostly pjs, onsies and soft pants. I use mainly prefolds and they're pretty chunky. I do have to give an extra little tug to get onsies snapped, but it doesn't look too tight and he's not uncomfortable. My little guy was 8 lbs a week ago.

Love my 3 boys! joy.gif

Tags
Diapering

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page