Diaper pail thinggy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-26-2012, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, 

Im going to be clothing my twins. Previously, I've just used an empty Tidy Cats (cat litter container) container to stick diapers in, but this time I need something way bigger. I have a ton of diapers (and will have two babies), so I bought this wetbag liner thinggy:

http://wahmies.com/dsq-pail-liners.html

I have a great disdain for the look of plastic kitchen trash cans, but I cant figure out what else I could use in place of one. The wetbag is the same size as a 13 gallon trash bag (standard kitchen trash bag). It seems like all the stainless trashcans are swing top, which wont work and on top of that they are not affordable. 

Ideas?

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 12-26-2012, 06:20 PM

I have a Planet Wise bag that I Love!! It zips holding in all the funk and it has a handle so you can hang it on a hook, door knob etc. I have two liners like what you pictured but Planet Wise is the best hands down. Eliminated the need for a pail.
#3 of 6 Old 12-26-2012, 08:17 PM

I have a diaper pail I use for cloth, it's plastic though, and looks kinda like a trashcan. It's a large open container that has a small hole you can put the diaper through, but with how bulky cloth is I just lift the lid...got it at Baby Depot for $13!

Wife to DH dh_malesling.GIF(12.10.2009), Anchorage based doula joy.gif, Proud mama to Autumnblahblah.gif (09.03.2008), Sylas bouncy.gif(04.25.2010), angel1.gif(06.11.2012), Callioperainbow1284.gif(04.23.2013)

#4 of 6 Old 12-26-2012, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey pants View Post

I have a Planet Wise bag that I Love!! It zips holding in all the funk and it has a handle so you can hang it on a hook, door knob etc. I have two liners like what you pictured but Planet Wise is the best hands down. Eliminated the need for a pail.

Yeah, I have two of those too, but with twins those things will fill up super fast. They held a days worth of diapers for my singleton so there is no way they will hold 1-2 days of diapers for twins. Those are going to be my in the car bags. 

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#5 of 6 Old 12-27-2012, 10:12 AM

I've seen similar ones that were Huge on baby steals. Don't recall the brand though. I really like to zip shut the bag.
#6 of 6 Old 12-27-2012, 06:14 PM

I love the Wammies pail liners. Did you know the elastic strap on the side can be wrapped around the top of the bag like a hair elastic so you can roll the whole thing down the stairs.

We use a plastic trash can from Ikea and it is in a corner so you don't see it. They also fit in the Ikea metal can that is inexpensive (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10218923/). A similar size wicker basket would also work, something like a laundry hamper.

I did two in diapers for a while and the pail fills up fast.

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

Tags
Diapering

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page