My newborn stash - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-29-2012, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I've built a NB stash, and was just wondering if anyone thinks I should get more/has any recommendations? I HOPE to wash every other day, but washing every day isn't really an issue, but I'd hate to be washing multiple times a day ALL the time if I have way too little... My stash is:

2 dozen NB prefolds, 3 Snappi's(one for home/day use, night use/spare, and a diaper bag one), 4 Alva NB pockets, NB Goodmama fitted, WAHM fitted, 6 covers, 2 NB AIO's, and a few infant size prefolds(not sure how many, the momma making my covers is giving them to me)

Wife to DH dh_malesling.GIF(12.10.2009), Anchorage based doula joy.gif, Proud mama to Autumnblahblah.gif (09.03.2008), Sylas bouncy.gif(04.25.2010), angel1.gif(06.11.2012), Callioperainbow1284.gif(04.23.2013)

#2 of 3 Old 12-30-2012, 02:37 PM

My guess is you will be completely fine. We had about a dozen fb (useless for newborn,) two thirsties duos, and 12 prefolds, and we were fine.

I'm cutting it close with this one bc I haven't purchased anything yet and I'm due in few weeks, but I'm planning on 2 dozen prefolds (half premie, half newborn,) and three thirsties. We have some flips my dd doesnt use anymore, so we'll have two of those covers as well.

Haven't decided what we'll do as she grows, prolly prefolds or Alvas. I want to wait to see her body type before I buy long term diapers.

Good luck!

Amanda

#3 of 3 Old 12-31-2012, 10:52 AM

You are totally fine. If your babies are like mine you could last three days.

I had 3 dozen diapers for Monkey and never used them all before washing every two to three days.

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page