Bummis EasyFit - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-07-2013, 04:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am just 5 weeks with #3 but I am already starting to browse for new diapers.  Both my boys are fully potty trained so I have been out of the CD game for about a year.  I LOVED Bummi's easy fit all in one with DS2 because I loved the bamboo fabric.  I see now they have replaced it with "minky" fabric.  What is that and is it as good?  The bamboo was so soft and absorbent.  I loved the all in one/pocket design of Bummis and I think that is pretty unique.  What to do??

#2 of 4 Old 01-08-2013, 05:29 PM

I have both the older and new Bummies Tots Bots Easy fit.

Two of my bamboo ones were shedding and loosing their bamboo, which I think is part of the reason for the switch.

New ones. Same fit really great fit (trim, but huge size range). Great velcro (wide tabs, great laundry tabs, really sticky), or snaps (which can be stiff, but positioned for minimum wing droop). Adorable new prints. Still unstuff themselves in the wash, can't loose the stuffing and easy to add a hemp doubler inside for overnights. They will not fit a regular newborn (no one size does) but they would start fitting before most OS diapers, also one of the last Monkey grew out of.

The Minky. So so soft, even after use. Like petting a bunny. But it is an oil based fiber with all the added trouble that can go along with that. But I have had no trouble with mine. They dry super fast, faster clipped to my drying thing that the other diapers do in the dryer. It is pretty stay dry too.

Buy one in the print you like best and see what you think. I vote for the London Bus one.

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

#3 of 4 Old 01-09-2013, 04:12 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, LeighPF.  It is so difficult finding the right CD because it is a big commitment and investment.  I am just newly pregnant with #3 and my older 2 are both out of diapers so I don't have anyone to try a new diaper.  I am just trying to plan ahead.  I will give the new Tots Bots a try though.  I am not sure what you mean by the trouble that comes with an oil based fabric.  If this one is anything like my other two, he won't be a normal sized newborn. Both big brothers were born at 9 pounds so we bypass the tiny newborn stage.  Thanks for your input!

#4 of 4 Old 01-10-2013, 05:57 PM

With a little leg chunk, these would fit a 9 lb er.

Oil based fabrics are more 'sticky' when it comes to detergent build up and creams staying stuck to them.

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page