Night time picks? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-22-2013, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DD2 soaks through her bum genius one size every night. Its a shame because they worked great overnight with DD1. I use one doubler and one newborn insert. I tried doubling the normal doubler but it doesn't work either. She is a 6 months and a chunky one. What are your night time solutions to super soakers?

Cloth diapering, Non-Vax, Bedsharing Mama to Maya 3-25-08, Mila 6-28-12 and DP Marc joy.gif

#2 of 6 Old 01-24-2013, 10:58 AM

I found a fitted and cover always worked better for a super soaker. Just more absorbency with out compromising fit.

I like my BabyKicks one size fitteds. They really fit up to 35 lb on my kids and have held up well for three years of heavy use.

I add JoeyBunz hemp doublers. Sometimes two. For my son, I fold one in half and put it right at the front where he soaks, but my daughter does not have the same super wet spot.

I like Bummies Super Brite, pull on, or a multi layer wool cover on top, Happy Heiny Stacinator, Eco Posh pull on, or Aristocrats all work.

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

#3 of 6 Old 01-25-2013, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. I don't know which to choose. I wish there was a sure fire method for DD not leaking in my bed every night.

Cloth diapering, Non-Vax, Bedsharing Mama to Maya 3-25-08, Mila 6-28-12 and DP Marc joy.gif

#4 of 6 Old 01-28-2013, 11:59 AM

Do you have a local cloth diaper store? If so, go and look.

Otherwise, really, order a BK fitted, 2 Joey bunz medium inserts and a Bummies Super Brite in the right size. And try it. If it works great, get a second fitted, more inserts if you need them and you are done. Night system managed.

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

#5 of 6 Old 01-31-2013, 03:39 PM

I've loved the Mother-Ease Airflow cover for nighttime. With two kids, I don't think we ever had a leak. We'd use a prefold and a doubler, and a fleece liner.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#6 of 6 Old 02-02-2013, 10:38 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)

FOr some reason my kids seem to go through leak spurts or something where they will leak every night for like a week then no more even if we dont change anything!!  Lol, so I just put a towel under us :)  I have found that when an absorbant material is next to the babys skin it will catch the pee right away instead of it having to pass through the fleece first, so it wont leak when I use a natural fiber diaper.  When it is an issue of they are just peeing too much for the diaper to hold I either change them in the middle of the night, half the time they'd sleep through it, or with a boob they will go right back to sleep :D    Or I add another hemp insert to their diaper.

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page