Did you have problems with Fuzzi Bunz? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-29-2013, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, I constantly read about how you shouldn't get just one kind of diaper because you don't know if they'll work for you and so on.

But how common is that *really*?

We started with prefolds and prowraps. They worked fine for both kids.

We tried Happy Heineys.  They worked fine for both kids.

We ended up with a lot of Fuzzi Bunz (this was 10 years ago, btw).  They, too, worked fine for both kids.

So, honestly, I'm temped to just buy a stash of Fuzzi Bunz elites and call it good (probably some newborn prowraps for the first little bit, but the other two kids were almost exactly 8 lbs at birth and plumped up quickly, lol).

What do you think the chances are that this will backfire?  Did you have a child who simply didn't work with Fuzzi Bunz?  If so, why not?  Comfort?  Size (what was their build)?  How long are Elites lasting most people (what age/weight)?

Thanks so much!

#2 of 10 Old 01-29-2013, 03:11 PM

I hate our Fuzzi Bunz greensad.gif My daughter is pretty tall and even on the largest setting the rise is way short for her. I just can't get a good fit. Fortunately we only have one from them! I'm fairly sure they have changed up their diapers since you used them before, I would recommend trying out the new style before you buy a whole stash!
#3 of 10 Old 01-29-2013, 03:40 PM

I prefer having a variety and when I find a brand I like, sell the others off and build a stash upon that lol. I didn't like FB's at all, but other people I know absolutely love them. My son is chubby, always has been chubby, and they just sucked. 

Wife to DH dh_malesling.GIF(12.10.2009), Anchorage based doula joy.gif, Proud mama to Autumnblahblah.gif (09.03.2008), Sylas bouncy.gif(04.25.2010), angel1.gif(06.11.2012), Callioperainbow1284.gif(04.23.2013)

#4 of 10 Old 01-29-2013, 03:40 PM

I do however really like their inserts... lol. Those suckers stay safe no matter how many times they are used and washed.

Wife to DH dh_malesling.GIF(12.10.2009), Anchorage based doula joy.gif, Proud mama to Autumnblahblah.gif (09.03.2008), Sylas bouncy.gif(04.25.2010), angel1.gif(06.11.2012), Callioperainbow1284.gif(04.23.2013)

#5 of 10 Old 01-29-2013, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blairroks View Post

I hate our Fuzzi Bunz greensad.gif My daughter is pretty tall and even on the largest setting the rise is way short for her. I just can't get a good fit. Fortunately we only have one from them! I'm fairly sure they have changed up their diapers since you used them before, I would recommend trying out the new style before you buy a whole stash!

How old/tall is your daughter?  This could be a larger concern for us because my first two kids ran fairly lanky once they were over over several months old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanmomma View Post

I prefer having a variety and when I find a brand I like, sell the others off and build a stash upon that lol. I didn't like FB's at all, but other people I know absolutely love them. My son is chubby, always has been chubby, and they just sucked. 

That just seems *so* exausting to me ;)

#6 of 10 Old 01-29-2013, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I don't know how the OS compare but we had a couple of FB and a couple of Charlie Banana in xs for our newest baby and we liked the CB so much better. I could hardly stuff the FB because of the way the snaps are placed in it.

#7 of 10 Old 01-29-2013, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post

I don't know how the OS compare but we had a couple of FB and a couple of Charlie Banana in xs for our newest baby and we liked the CB so much better. I could hardly stuff the FB because of the way the snaps are placed in it.

Honestly, I've been pretty intrigued by the Charlie Bananas because they look cute AND they're available at Target (now Fuzzi Bunz are available at Target, too).  That's good info about the FB snaps, though--- when we had them they weren't the OS and they were *much* bigger so wouldn't have been an issue. 

#8 of 10 Old 01-30-2013, 10:50 AM

We actually love our FB, and have used them with both our children (now nearly 4 and 2).  Our son still wears them (mediums) and they have largely lasted (rubber lining pulled away in a couple just recently).  Both are tall (both 95th percentile) and we haven't had a problem with fit.  We have hemp inserts, but mainly use prefolds as stuffers.  I should add that we didn't try a bunch of different dipes with them....pre-folds and covers as newborns, and then FB.  This was largely because a friend lent us her stash of smalls (which were used by at least 6 children between the two of us), and then we just bought our mediums.  Maybe we'd have loved another dipe way more had we tried them. 

Camille~
Mama to F (3/09) and S (3/11); and never forgetting my babe gone too soon angel1.gif(4/10).

#9 of 10 Old 01-30-2013, 07:52 PM

we have really liked our fuzzi bunz.  We were loaned a whole lot of at least 5 or 6 different brands and styes of diapers in newborn to size small for our first kids.  Loved the fuzzi bunz and ended up using only those when we had to purchase the one size mediums.  Our twins have worn the mediums for over a year now and are starting to toilet train.  They are fraternal and have differnt builds...one is shorter in torso and stockier, the other longer torso and slender.  The perfect size has worked well.  No issues with snaps or suffing them.  We have had issues with stink and with delamination but I think both were our issue.  I was trying different detergents and had to do a major stripping with the liners a couple of times.  The delamination may have been due to friends or childcare providers who dried them on high.  We've had 5 or 6  out of our 24+ that have done that. 

We now have another set of twins and I stocked up on XS fuzzibunz for our 6#13oz and 7#1oz kiddos.  They were a little loose around the legs for a bit but are working well still. We plan to use the sized Fuzzi Bunz for the remainder of our diapering time!

Married 2002.  Di-di twin girls 2010.  Mono-di twin girls 2012.

#10 of 10 Old 02-02-2013, 10:41 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)

Are the Elite's the ones with the adjustable elastic?  If so I dont like those, but I like the sized Fuzzibunz!  For a one size I have the Bumgenius elementals and Happy heinys organic pocket diapers.  You could buy some used off of Cloth diaper swap on FB or diaperswappers.com to see what u think of them then if u like them buy a bunch?

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page