ECing parents who use Thirsties Covers... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-08-2013, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

In particular, the Duo Wraps. I KNOW you're out there. I've heard these last YEARS, over several kids. I had 4 wraps. Down to 2. One child.

One I had to throw away because somehow it got left outside, in a bucket, where it got rained on, no air flow, rained on...no air flow... and got mildewy. My MIL and fiance are highly sensitive to mildew and mold, so I threw it away because I figured if I tried to bleach out the mildew, I would have ruined its purpose.

The second I had to throw away because the velcro got all fuzzy and the tabs would no longer stick. My fiance says this is probably not the fault of the product, but because we EC, and thus the diaper cover has gotten much more wear and tear on it, than if we never ECed at all. I have to agree. I didn't bother trying to replace the velcro, because honestly... I don't have the time. I also had to repair the elastic at the back mere months after getting it.

The third I also had to repair the elastic at the back mere months after getting it, and now the front velcro on this one is ripping away from the PUL. I am tempted to try and repair it, since we do have velcro, but honestly, I still don't really have the time.

The fourth, so far so good. Bit fuzzy, of course, but that's velcro. I'm in the process of sewing my son a fleece(I'd prefer wool, but I'm currently hand-looming it and it's taking longer than expected) cover to make up for the Thirsties I'm throwing away, so I'm really not too beat up on it, because honestly, I've found out I really really hate velcro, so I'm kind of glad to be done with them. I'm just wondering if any other ECing parents who've used the Duo wraps have experienced such short time wear and tear as I have.

Tags
Diapering
User Tag List