Thinking of switching to CD, is it worth it at 12mo? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-06-2013, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My DS has been having a lot of rash problems lately. He's 12mo, eats regular food, and isn't BF (sadly). I change the sposies everytime he's dirty, and his dr has already given him cream to "help".
I'm just curious as to if CD would help with the rashes he seems to have constantly. I have a few prefolds we used when he was younger as vomit rags cuz he had very bad reflux, and I was thinking of investing in more to save money in the long run.

Input, advice, and opinions welcome!
thanks in advance smile.gif

- - - -
#2 of 6 Old 03-06-2013, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I definitely think 12m is still young enough to make the switch! You quite possibly could get a couple years of use out of them with just him, add in if you decide to have more babies and there's even more savings or selling them when he's potty trained smile.gif

Wife to DH dh_malesling.GIF(12.10.2009), Anchorage based doula joy.gif, Proud mama to Autumnblahblah.gif (09.03.2008), Sylas bouncy.gif(04.25.2010), angel1.gif(06.11.2012), Callioperainbow1284.gif(04.23.2013)

#3 of 6 Old 03-06-2013, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

I'd love to have more babies! But DH says not yet greensad.gif lol.
I'm leaning more and more towards it. Its just getting the $$ for start up and convincing DH how much better it will be.

- - - -
#4 of 6 Old 03-06-2013, 08:35 PM

It's easy to give it a try. While you still have sposies, buy a few cloth diapers and use them to see how it goes. At that age I'd personally go with pocket diapers, esp. with a baby who is used to sposies. I'm a fan of Alvababy diapers, they are made in China (but so are many other fancy diapers) but they are very well priced.

Don't forget that there is a good market for selling used diapers in good condition. Both online and in your local area on things like Craigslist. If you are comfortable with used diapers you could look into buying some there also (I did and it worked great, but not everyone is into that). So even with a short time using them and no future babies you wouldn't need to lose any money.

#5 of 6 Old 03-07-2013, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Yea, I'm fairly sure everyone who helps me with all things baby (family and DH) agree that they'll be easier and better. I've just got to do more research. Hehe

- - - -
#6 of 6 Old 03-07-2013, 06:06 AM

Good luck. We use bum genius. We like them. My daughter is still prone to fungal rashes. Even with changing her right away if she had a nasty poop she rashes out almost instantly. A friend of mine found bum genius on Craigslist for crazy cheap. You will probably need to get a bigger pant size since the cloth aren't as compact.

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page