Cloth and my MIL (Update) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 65 Old 05-13-2004, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for all the support, you ladies are great.

She keeps emailing my husband at work asking him to call her or have lunch with her. So far he has ignored her because he is tired of her games. He says he will tell her that today. I would love to be able to see the look on her face.

No, neither of my kids will be left alone with her again, at least not for more than a couple hours at a time AFTER they are potty trained. When we left DS withe her, I told him that he could call me if he needed me, and after 4 hours of crying she still refused to let him call me!! She said, "yeah, he was FINE after that, he just needed to get it out of his system."....for FOUR HOURS?!?! And: "he only asked to call you because you told him he could. He took what you said and threw it back at me." Imagine that... he feels so safe and loved with me that he wants to be with me, I must have done something terribly wrong to make him like that. I have allready promised him that he doesn't have to spend the night up there again if he doesn't want to (which he doesn't).
#62 of 65 Old 05-18-2004, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

I just don't know what to say.....

MDC is a wonderful place. After this thread, I recieved 3 pairs of trainers and 6 pocket diapers, which is more than we had to begin with. THis is a beautiful community. The trainers were signed "the diaper fairy", but I know who sent them, I think. I tried to send a thank you PM, but her box was full, so I'll say it here, THANK YOU!!! I thanked the mom who sent the pockets privately, but I want to send a public thank you to her as well. I am overwhelmed. I have seen generosity like this here before, but this is the first time I have been on the recieving end of it. Thank you to all of you.

I have not heard from MIL, and really don't expect to. She didn't even bother to call dh on his birthday Saturday. She keeps emailing him wanting to talk to him privately, though. Sheesh.
#63 of 65 Old 05-18-2004, 12:04 PM

Awww that's so awesome!! We love you and I hope things continue to improve for you and your MIL just doesn't even have a clue on what she's missing out on!!! s
#64 of 65 Old 05-18-2004, 12:08 PM

how wonderful. Your MIL sounds like a doofus! Meddling too. LOL! Her ears must be buzzing. I am so glad people here came together for you. Community love is awesome.
#65 of 65 Old 05-18-2004, 02:24 PM

I am so happy for you mama!!!

I kept thinking about someone possibly throwing away Henry's diapers & getting sick to my stomach!! You must be furious!!

Now that I know she lets her grandchild cry for 4 hours, I like her even less!!!
So glad you got some replacements~~I cannot tell you how much these boards have helped me

Hugs to you!!
Hang in there!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page