What's the Best Diaper Bag out there? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-19-2013, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)

I'm shopping for a diaper bag for my niece. I know "best" is relative to what you need it to do for you but there must be some really loved diaper bags out there. It's been so long since I've purchased one and I really want to get her something nice. Do you have a favorite to share? Links and pics would help too. love.gif

#2 of 7 Old 03-20-2013, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm on my second LL Bean bag. http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/62134?feat=sr&term=Diaper%20bag

They are not the prettiest of bags, but they are light weight, have tons of pockets to keep you organized, and easy to carry. All LL Bean bags are nice. My first one was not a "diaper bag" just a tote. When the strap finally broke after several years I searched everywhere for a diaper bag that was as versatile. There were tons of cute and over priced bags out there but none that did the job they were designed to do. I anything happens to this one, I'm sure I'll be buying a third.

supermod.gif who isbelly.gifwith #4  has jumpers.gif . Believe in homeschool.gif,bfinfant.gif,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIF,h20homebirth.gif,goorganic.jpg,saynovax.gif

#3 of 7 Old 03-21-2013, 11:21 AM

Diaper dude bags are great. Very sturdy with lots of pockets. Planning to use it for years.
#4 of 7 Old 03-21-2013, 01:22 PM

Here's a shameless plug for the bags I sell... but it's honestly my favorite bag (on my third kid now, so I've been through a lot of bags!) It's not actually a diaper bag (although we do have diaper bags too), but it has a perfect pocket on the front that's not too deep for my "purse stuff", two water bottle/sippy cup sized side pockets, and a big pocket that's not too deep. It's called the "Brilliant Bag" and comes in three fabrics (micro-fiber, easy clean). I cloth diaper, and usually carry 5 diapers (overkill), a wet bag, and a change of clothes or two. I wear it cross-body like a messenger bag. $55 with free personalization. I use the "All-In-One Wristlet" for my wallet (my phone fits in it too), so if I am just running into a store I don't have to bring everything, and it matches my diaper bag smile.gif My site is www.fab-bag.com here's where to find the bag: http://www.myinitials-inc.com/shop/productdetail.aspx?prod=2AV-133E

#5 of 7 Old 03-21-2013, 05:34 PM

Heh, I'm cheap and use my purse or my $20 Walmart bag!

Wife to DH dh_malesling.GIF(12.10.2009), Anchorage based doula joy.gif, Proud mama to Autumnblahblah.gif (09.03.2008), Sylas bouncy.gif(04.25.2010), angel1.gif(06.11.2012), Callioperainbow1284.gif(04.23.2013)

#6 of 7 Old 04-01-2013, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)

hembry, you gave me a great idea! A handmade bag! I've been itching to sew something and this might be just the thing! I;ve done a few bags in the past but never a diaper bag. I'd guess it's not all that different. Anyone have patterns to recommend? Fabric sources?

#7 of 7 Old 07-10-2013, 06:47 AM

We love the Diaper Dude Diaper Bag http://amzn.to/1bnFxe6 (My Skip Hop (reviewed below) is for work days) - This bag goes over your head on one shoulder (like a mailman) - It's great for me or my husband to carry (it comes in at least 20 patterns so find the best for both of you) 

The outside pockets are perfect for grabbing things. The inside pocket is large though some people think it's small - I say, if you want to carry a week's worth of diapers, leave some in the car or under the stroller - This bag is nice cause it really holds a lot but it's not one of those bags where you feel like you're carrying everything you need for a week around with you 

It washes very well and is well made and sturdy - It's easy to carry and not a "mom only" style. I recommend it and even buy it as a gift for new moms

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page