Favorite lanolizing products? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-03-2013, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have just switched to wool, out of necessity, for our 5 month old.  I have only used lansinoh or lanolizing, it's left over and I don't really know what I'm doing.  So I'm wondering what everyones favorite brands and forms of lanolin.

Is a wool wash necessary?  Can a lanolin spray be used in between washes?  Any hints or trade secrets?

#2 of 5 Old 05-10-2013, 10:20 PM

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)

I like Earth Mama's diaper creams.

#3 of 5 Old 05-13-2013, 01:00 PM

I wash in Euclan wool wash which has a bit of lanolin in it. I also like the new Grovia Bar. My toddlers covers need scrubbing on the pee stains so the bar comes in handy... I use a liquidy type of lanolin that I mix with hot water then poor over the diaper in the sink with water in it. No brand. Ive also used the new Grovia spray which is fine for in between or if your in a hurry. Still need the deep lanolin soak from time to time..

#4 of 5 Old 06-05-2013, 09:13 AM

I am a little confused too. I am anticipating using wool on my newborn. I will use Charlies soap for diapers & Charlies company themselves told me i should wash wool covers in Charlies & then use a lanolizing product, like a wool wash bar for daily leaks. Then do a more complete lanolize monthly or so. They said i need to use charlies first or i will be lanolizing on top of "hazardess materials"....? And the lanolin wont stick as well if its not clean (which charlies thinks can only be done with charlies). Anybody? The lady at GMD told me Charlies ph is too high for wool. Why is this so complicated? Why the conflicting info? Sometimes i hear of lanolizing not working so well.so i thought maybe just maybe, this could be why?
#5 of 5 Old 06-08-2013, 12:15 PM

Charlie's soap is way too harsh for regular washing I think. I would use a wool wash instead otherwise you will be striping your wool every time And have to relanolize heavily each time. No fun.

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page