Drying bumgenius shells!? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-26-2013, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been using cloth for years. Fuzzibuns mostly secondhand, mother ease etc. I just bought 12 new Bumgenius 4.0. On the package it says to air dry shells. Ugh! Seriously? How important is not drying them? I usually hang dry my covers but nothing else unless its a sunny day then everything gets dried outside. I do not have the space to hang all these shells. Do you air dry or put in dryer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 04-27-2013, 10:32 AM

I air dry them only because they never dry int he dryer. It takes like 3 hours. But I have done it many times and it doesnt seem to effect them at all.

#3 of 7 Old 04-27-2013, 08:57 PM

I only have one of these but I put it in the dryer on low/delicate along with my other pocket covers, pail liner, and flannel wipes. This cycle doesn't take too long and when it's done I toss in my fitteds and pocket inserts on high.

#4 of 7 Old 04-27-2013, 09:41 PM

I air dry them. My stash is primarily BG 4.0's. I hang them up on a bunch of hangers I have for baby clothes...the ones with clips for pants. I hang them on the shelf in the utility closet over the dryer and they dry while I've got the dryer going with the inserts and my cotton fitteds. I've got to keep them in good shape, they have to last until DD potty trains smile.gif

stillheart.gif Momma-ing the Muffin since October 2011!

#5 of 7 Old 05-01-2013, 09:55 AM

I don't know if the instructions were the same for BG3.0s or not, but we never air dry them (always use the dryer) and they still look great after 4 years of constant use.  I just ordered 6 BG4.0s becasue I am too lazy, I mean busy to fix the Aplix tabs that are rolling up after all this time.  I got snaps this time.  I hope I can continue to throw the 4.0s in the dryer!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#6 of 7 Old 06-25-2013, 05:47 PM

Air dry for sure (even if I had a dryer). I bought a collapsible rack that is like 3 feet by 3 feet that could easily fit at least 32 shells - I overlap the shells by the tabs with one clothespin and I can fit a bunch on the rack. I have some BG, some Charlie Banana and a bunch of Glow Bug pocket diapers. 

I am such a nerd about my diapers that I love looking them when they are hanging, even if they are in my living room! Here is a picture even! Yay for the rainbow colors rainbow1284.gif!

But they do dry very quickly anyway.

I also read that it's good to put the shells in dryer every once and awhile so that the PUL reseals tight. Is this true? I don't know if some manufactuers would tell you not to do this though, so not giving advice.

#7 of 7 Old 06-26-2013, 02:53 AM - Thread Starter

Well that picture is adorable! Love diapers on the line. I usually hang them outside but have lazily thrown them into the dryer a few times too. My fuzzibunz haven't failed after 2+ years of washing. I'm hoping BG has the same longevity.

Tags
Diapering , Bumgenius 3 0 One Size Cloth Diaper , Bumgenius One Size Cloth Diaper 4 0

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page