Diaper Station Needs - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-22-2013, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey there!  I am all set in terms of cloth diapers, but what all do I need to have on hand at my diaper station?  Does anyone have a great, natural recipe for diaper/rash creams?  Also, we received a huge stash of cloth wipes at our baby shower...just wondering the best way to use these.  Is there some sort of liquid solution that I can keep a few soaking in?  Recipes for such?  Any advice here would be incredibly helpful! Peace!

#2 of 3 Old 05-22-2013, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

I just talked to a mom of triplets yesterday and she said coconut oil was great for diaper rash.  I have heard lots of different recipes for cloth wipe solutions.  You can use a plastic tub like the disposable wipes come in and keep a water solution in there with some wipes.  It sounds like you may need to change it every few days to keep everything from getting yucky.  Some people put Dr. Bronner's soap in the solution and/or some coconut oil, tea trea oil, or essential oils that smell nice.  I was thinking about filling up a spray bottle with my solution and spraying it on the wipes, but I guess I will have to see how practical that is in real life.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 3 Old 05-26-2013, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

For butt creams/balm we just used coconut oil. For a wipe solution just water with a few drops of Tea Tree Oil in it inside of a Peri bottle You don't even really need any essential oils, water works perfectly well. TTO worked for us when our DD started getting a bit rashy for *some* reason. I know some people do EO just for the pleasant smell. :) 

I have heard of families using an old disposable wipe container to home their cloth wipes, some families would create a wipe solution and then pour it over the cloth wipes so they would be ready to go. 

If evil means to be self-motivated, to be the center of one’s own universe, to live on one’s own terms, then every artist, every thinker, every original mind, is evil. Because we dare to look through our own eyes rather than mouth clichés lent us from the so-called Fathers…three cheers for Eve. -...

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page