Motherease cotton terry vs organic durability-any use both? I need to choose soon& i am torn. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 07-01-2013, 07:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[IMG]
#32 of 38 Old 07-01-2013, 07:53 PM

#33 of 38 Old 07-01-2013, 07:53 PM

#34 of 38 Old 07-01-2013, 07:53 PM

#35 of 38 Old 07-01-2013, 08:21 PM

The first two pics are organic terry the next two are the colored terry. The last one is a flat folded into it that I use for night time diapering my 2.5 year old. This would be way too much diaper for an infant. The only difference is organic has a natural color, a bit more loose on the inside and is softer. The colored one is bleached white cotton on the inside. Oh the colored one is a bit faded from sun and or bleach. . The organic one may have been one I dried on the line and so it's a bit more wrinkly. As far as performance goes they do the exact same thing. Can't tell any difference what so ever. I could not honestly tell you which ones I bought new compared to the ones I got gently used at this point. Unless you are washing these on a rock in the stream with straight bleach every other day they will not fall apart with regular use and Washing in one child's diapering span of 2-3 years. There is no elastic in the leg band that you have to replace. No crazy amount of polyester like a pocket to get funky. As far as a clammy butt, it's a diaper. They will get clammy from time to time. I can say they don't get as clammy as my BumGenious or disposable(super clam).
Your baby just wants a boobie, to be held, loved, and comfy things on (or not). Any diaper will do pretty much as long as it does its job of absorbing wetness. Any other stress you have is a waste of energy at this point. Get what you can now to be ready or not and get sposies for the first few weeks.
Meos resell super easy if you hate them, so it's not a giant loss. Be nice to yourself. Breathe. At the be of the day It's just a poo and pee catcher and all the info in the world is way to mind boggling and overwhelming. You dont have to cloth diaper to be a loving wonderful parent. My kid gets sposies if he's sick, at grandparents and traveling. Granddaddy watches max when we go to wk. I took cloth over there but he just likes using disposables. Whatever! I have free child care my kid is safe & happy and that's all that matters at the end of the day.
Breathe. Stay calm. It's all going to be OK. Hth.
#36 of 38 Old 07-02-2013, 10:06 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Just my opinion, but prefolds are pretty easy to use. And you can use a cover or not, and if you choose to use covers, diapers.com has ones for cheap and kawaii baby diapers also have cheap ones. I plan on "pre-loading" my prefolds and covers that way you just grab a new one. 

If the polyester in the cotton terry is really bothering you, just don't use them. Use the organic, and think of it like this-they'll be waaay more durable than disposables!

#37 of 38 Old 07-14-2013, 06:03 PM

We are not in diapers anymore, but we used MEOS- the regular ole white cotton ones- and they lasted thru all three of my boys. When I bought them, in 2000, they did not have all the options they have not (bamboo, organic, colors...) they just had bleached and unbleached. I had to replace a few over the years, but for the most part, the plain ole white terry diapers lasted for all three boys, my last child potty learned in January of this year. The only difference between the diapers from 2000 and the ones we bought from 2008 on was the size. I felt that the earlier ones were just slightly smaller than the newer ones. They last. They do not fall apart. They breathe. We used all kinds of different wool covers over as well. I stayed away from the stay dry liners, and just used the snap in liners with them.

HTH!

Shane mama to three boys!! Wife to an amazing man.
#38 of 38 Old 07-14-2013, 06:07 PM

Oh, and FWIW, your baby may not even fit into the MEOS right away. They are very bulky on a NB. My opinion....get the small GMD prefolds and a few covers. They work best for a NB. Easy, 100% cotton, wash super fast and fit almost all NB's. Then wait a while and get one or two MEOS and see if you even like them! Or stick with the prefolds! :D

Shane mama to three boys!! Wife to an amazing man.

Tags
Fuzzibunz One Size Diapers , Mother Ease One Size Cloth Diaper Unbleached , Fuzzibunz Diapers Insert , Imse Vimse Bumpy Wool Cover , Tiny Tush Mini One Size Diaper Covers Aplix Closure , Tiny Tush Elite Mini Pocket Diapers Aplix Seaspray , Imse Vimse Organic Diaper Cover , Diapering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page