Leakage at night! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-21-2013, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi I use cloth nappies (diapers) during the day, but at night I put my girl in disposables because she will ONLY sleep on her side and wee leaks out the leg hole of her cloth nappies.

I really really wanna stop using disposables but need to know which ones won't leak out of the side holes and aren't too bulky so that she can lay comfortably on her side without looking like she's straddling a horse!

I don't know what the nappies are called that we use during the day but they have rows of snaps to adjust sizing and have a pocket inside to place an insert.
Thank you!
#2 of 6 Old 06-21-2013, 04:29 PM

We had good results with imse vimse wool covers and happy heinys bamboo or terry contour inners.
How old is she?
#3 of 6 Old 06-21-2013, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

She's 15 weeks sorry!
#4 of 6 Old 06-27-2013, 09:14 AM

hmm, I think the wool +contour combo was pretty bulky.  DS did not seem to notice at all, but he was also older (10 mos I think) before we had leakage issues and had to go that route. 

The other thing we did was put a couple of thrifted wool blankets under the sheet (we co-slept).  It is really breathable and doesn't need to be washed every time it gets wet but only when they start to stink, which they won't for an amazingly long time.  Then we kept a stash of recievign blankets nearby, and if he leaked we just put a blanket under him and dealt with it in the morning. 

I got my night diapers on rediaper.com - esp with her so small it might be worth checking out since you will need to size up later, and they don't come cheap new! 

#5 of 6 Old 06-27-2013, 02:37 PM

I found the same problem with DD when she slept on her side in pocket diapers. What worked well for us instead was fitted diapers, that is a separate diaper that goes all around the baby and a cover on top. This made sure that there was absorbent material by her leg and on the sides as opposed to a pocket where the absorbency is only down the center of the diaper. Also the insert can easily shift and it can bunch when the baby has their legs together cause it's squished. I like pocket diapers at other times, they are very convenient, but they were not great for us when DD slept on her side. Now that she mostly sleeps on her tummy it's not an issue anymore because her pee is going in the center where the insert is again.

We used MotherEase fitted diapers and covers, I think they go by a different name overseas (if you google the name you will probably find it).

#6 of 6 Old 07-02-2013, 06:31 AM

This is what I use and it works for up to 12 hrs! Thirsties Fab Fitted diaper, a folded microfibre insert tucked under the "tunnel" as well as an Applecheeks stay dry bamboo liner on top and then a Flip cover. I am making wool doublers also to put between the cover and diaper.

Mama to Callahan 05/18/10 cold.gifteapot2.GIF

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page