What's the deal with creams and lotions and cloth? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-22-2013, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm searching back threads as well, but I finally have my stash pulled out and sorted and ready to use on the kids (3 still in diapers), and could use some quick answers tonight.  :-)

Are there any creams or ointments that I can use with cloth? 

I'm using mostly BG 3.0 and 4.0 and a few old FB's. 

We've been battling rashes in the diaper area forever, and the usual protocol is a medicated ointment on the skin, then desitin over that.  I also have coconut oil, and could make my own cream if that would work with the diapers, or buy a WAHM product.

So -

OINTMENTS - can I use the medicated ointments - similar texture to neosporin?

CREAMS -  Desitin is what we've been using - I guess this is zinc based?  Any other kinds I can order or buy?

COCONUT OIL - can I use straight coconut oil?  Can I use it if I mix with cornstarch? 

Anything else?  How can I tell if I've used something I shouldn't have?  Can I "fix" the diaper if it gets something on the lining that it shouldn't have? 

Thanks!

MouseBandit

Tracey R. Happy Helpmeet to Jeff, and Mama to Corey (ds, 22yo), Justin (ds, 20yo), Bekah (dd, 3yo), and Miah (Jeremiah, ds, 17mo), and baby Rachel, vasa previa survivor, 4 wks old.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-17-2013, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

if you have to use anything that isnt cloth diaper safe use a flushable liner in your diapers to protect them, desatyn and ointments will make them repel water. earth mama angel baby balm usually clears everything up very fast or coconut oil right on the bum is fine as long as they arent allergic, also sometimes treating the cause of the rash, is it caused by diaposable diapers? is it caused by detergent build up in cloth? is it a yeast or infection or is it caused by a food? good luck :) and be sure your detergent is rinsing clean :)

Tags
Diapering

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page