How many cloth diaper mamas use cloth on themselves? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: I use cloth diapers on my babe and...
cloth pads/the Keeper/Sea sponge/other natural reusable product on myself. 100 74.07%
organic disosable products on myself. 4 2.96%
regular disposable products on myself. 31 22.96%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 104 Old 05-01-2004, 11:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabitha
had to add- why would your husbands be offended? (anyones husband?)

karl wants the very best for me, and he isnt grossed out by me! i dont get it. were both adults. i mena, he knows i have a period. its part of being my life partner?!

also, since i began to use cloth everything and really respect my bodily functions by placing importance on even the smallest aspect of how i care for myself, i feel so much better. like most american girls, i was raised to think my period was disgusting. now i know better, and i realize how that attitude permeates every part of your self esteem. it isnt obvious, but it does. birth and breastfeeding and everything has helped me recover from it.

tabitha
I totally agree with Tabitha on this one. If my husband thinks that my using cloth pads is gross, then what does that say about me? I love my cloth pads and will never go back to stinky, sweaty, uncomfortable, disposables ever again
#92 of 104 Old 05-02-2004, 12:15 AM

Well, I had to say disposable products, b/c that's all I've used til now, but I'm probably going to switch to the Diva cup or cloth pads when my cycle resumes, whenever that will be! It just seems to make sense now in a way it never did before....

Hey, how much do you think I could get on the TP for the boxes of sposie pads I stockpiled before dd's birth?
#93 of 104 Old 05-02-2004, 01:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackray
Wow! I had no idea so many mama's used cloth for themselves! I do not. That's so sad about sponges, a pretty gross thought too! I looked into the keeper and the diva cup a year or so ago, but I think that they are both latex and I'm allergic. Oh, well, I'm gonna stick with disposable stuff for me!

Mamas correct me if I am wrong but The Keeper is not latex- I have a latex reaction too- but never had a problem with the keeper- The tampons made me feel itchy and crampy as did the pads- Also I just checked it is made of "NATURAL GUM RUBBER" also the number 1 cause of a latex reaction is birth control. So keep that in mind if you think you have a reaction and are on birth control it most likely will stop after you are no longer taking any BC.

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
#94 of 104 Old 05-02-2004, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayon
Mamas correct me if I am wrong but The Keeper is not latex- I have a latex reaction too- but never had a problem with the keeper- The tampons made me feel itchy and crampy as did the pads- Also I just checked it is made of "NATURAL GUM RUBBER" also the number 1 cause of a latex reaction is birth control. So keep that in mind if you think you have a reaction and are on birth control it most likely will stop after you are no longer taking any BC.

You're right, but some women react to natural gum rubber after so much exposure to latex. Condoms drive me nuts, although I found a brand that's not as bad... I went with the DivaCup just to be safe.
#95 of 104 Old 05-02-2004, 12:27 PM

im tempted to try...Using sposies here still ...But really really tempted....I dont know how comfortable the Diva is etc? And im a tampon girl...sigh....Gotta try gotta try...

:My 7 year old boy Ari, my fun loving husband and my life!
#96 of 104 Old 05-02-2004, 01:16 PM

I've read this thread over and over and over in the last few days. I hadn't really even considered cloth (or a Diva Cup/Keeper) for me...I just didn't really know it was an option. I do think I need to give it a go. Cloth for me and my baby!

Thanks for all of the great info. I'll have to place an order or two today!
#97 of 104 Old 05-02-2004, 03:04 PM

I just got my keeper in the mail the other day. I'm just waiting for my period to come again. I've also been using a combo of cloth and disposable when necessary. I'm planning on going just cloth and the keeper when I run out of the disposable stuff.

Kerrie Mama to DD 10 yo, DS 8 yo and DD 5  

#98 of 104 Old 05-02-2004, 06:41 PM

So- there is a diva cup and a keeper. does anyone have links to the keeper? i am tempted to quit disposable when AF returns, but the mama pads are so expensive!! thanks

Maggie, wife and mom to three
#99 of 104 Old 05-03-2004, 10:16 AM

Just an update on my earlier response - AF came this weekend so I got a chance to try my cloth pads and OMG are they super comfy!!! Love 'em!!!

I must admit I was kind of grossed out by the idea at first too but thought I would give it a try and I really am pleased. Going to order more today as I don't have enough to get by with just my sample pack

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#100 of 104 Old 05-03-2004, 10:44 AM

I would really like to try some mama cloth. Any good starter or sampler sets available?
SPAM me!
#101 of 104 Old 05-03-2004, 11:49 AM

spam me, too!
#102 of 104 Old 05-03-2004, 11:51 AM

I was jealous of all Brandon's nice fleecey diapers, so I bought cloth mama pads for myself....but I haven't gotten my first pp AF, so I can't try them out!

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#103 of 104 Old 05-03-2004, 12:20 PM

spam me too - i need more!

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#104 of 104 Old 05-03-2004, 12:37 PM

I use cloth. I also have the keeper but haven't flowed heavy enough to find a need for.

My 14 year old daughter uses cloth some of the time - but also likes tampons. Wish we could get her away from those!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page