how to snap thirsties and mommys touch covers - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-15-2013, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am new to cd-ing and have a 3 week old. We are using GMD prefolds and workhorses both of which are working out well. We have 3 thirsties size 1 covers with snaps and one mommy's touch newborn cover from GMD, also with snaps.

My question: The snaps on these covers totally confuse me. They have 3 rows of snaps but no directions for which settings to use. I'm just doing whatever works to get the cover on the baby but I'm sure I'm doing it cattywompus (wrong). The Thirsties and GMD websites have no directions about how to optimally use the snaps. My baby is currently 8 lbs. I'm using the loosest setting on the top row because that doesn't constrict her skin and so far there are no major leaks. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 08-27-2013, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Eilis, maybe you already figured this out, but are you talking about rise snaps? If this is what I'm thinking, there's one row of snaps at the top that you snap the wing snaps onto. But then there are three other rows of snaps on the front crotch area of the diaper that you can use to adjust the rise/size. You can either leave it unsnapped, snap the top row to the bottom row for the smallest size, or the top row to the middle row for a medium size. Hopefully this either makes sense or you already got it down!

Tags
Diapering

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page