Pins - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-20-2013, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

Does anyone use pins on a toddler ?

I'm using snappis to fasten flats on my 3.5 yr old but find they either work loose or he tries to undo them, are pins worth trying at this age ?

#2 of 4 Old 09-22-2013, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

It looks like your post might have been missed, so I wanted to bump it up for attention. :bump: I think my mom used pins with my diapers and mentioned once that everyone did in that era, but I don't remember the specifics. Has anyone used pins on their children's diapers recently? How did it work?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 4 Old 09-24-2013, 01:33 PM

I'm an old school Mama. My children are 27, 25 and 13 and I used cloth diapers, pins and nylon pants with all of them. I used snappies or velcro covers once in a while, but I grew up taking care of babies in cloth diapers with pins and pants, so I was very comfortable with this system.

Two of my three learned to use the toilet at about 3.25 years or so, and one at 2.5 years old. So, I did have toddlers in diapers with pins and nylon pants. My kids would occasionally take off their diaper, but they would push it down and step out of it, they never learned to undo the pins. Of course, watching the child who is wearing a pinned diaper is always important (at this age they are very curious so watching pretty much all the time is necessary) but we always did well with pins and pants.

I found that when my children were taking their own diapers off it was a sign that they were really ready for concentrated potty learning. My kids tease me because I pretty much let them learn to use the potty themselves (with my being there of course!) but I also did a lot of reminding, asking if they needed to use the potty and a lot of "practice" sitting on their little pots. With my third I found these wonderful European one piece pots that were so easy to use,

all we had to do was put textured shelving material under them so they wouldn't slip around the bathroom floor and they were great.

Good luck on your potty journey, I'd try pins and pants I had a lot of luck with it.

Attachment Parenting: The radical notion that children are human. bfinfant.gif
#4 of 4 Old 09-24-2013, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, I did buy some pins and we are now using them but to be honest I'm not making a very good job of it at the moment.

Hopefully they will get easier in time :-)

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page