2 unrelated diaper questions in one thread: Pins and to-sell-or-not - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-01-2013, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

1.  Pins

Yesterday I found my Snappis... misplaced (they were later found).  Fortunately, I happened to have a pair of pins some diaper company had given me with my order.  Unfortunately, I had no idea how to get them to work.  I regret, months ago, my mother beating me to changing my daughter and being bewildered at how to use a Snappi and saying she preferred pins and not asking my mother at that moment how to use them.

So... advice in case this happens again.

2.  To-sell-or-not-to-sell

My daughter just moved up into "medium" size, leaving me with a nice, still-great stash of small prefolds.  I know a perk of cloth is to save them for the next baby, but I don't know if I'll still like prefolds then and we are a bit tight on cash.  What things to consider?

--Breastfeeding----2nd grade Teaching----Cosleeping----Cloth Diapering -- --Bookworm Mom
#2 of 4 Old 10-01-2013, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

What kind of pins are they?

#3 of 4 Old 10-04-2013, 08:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

#2 - See how much you prefolds go for locally on craigslist or similar. It's not cost effective to sell them online usually because they are so heavy that shipping often costs a lot. Plus used they may not go for much anyway, that can depend on how much interest there is in your area.

If you decide to keep them you can always use them for other things even if you don't like prefolds, like pocket stuffing, etc.

Backroads likes this.
#4 of 4 Old 10-07-2013, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I felt like my initial investment in diapers was so expensive (well, relatively, still cheaper than 'sposies!!) that part of justifying the cost was using them for more than one kiddo. If you think you might do sposies in the future, sell them, but unless you're going for flats (which are cheaper) you'll be shelling out a lot of money if you switch to aio or fitted diapers, I would have to really hate prefolds to go that way (and I love them)... It seems like a short term minimal gain that will cost a lit in the future... Just my $0.02
Backroads likes this.

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page