Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Diapering (http://www.mothering.com/forum/221-diapering/)
-   -   Seeking a new diaper...recommendations for non-OS diapers (http://www.mothering.com/forum/221-diapering/1391688-seeking-new-diaper-recommendations-non-os-diapers.html)

newbie_mary 10-18-2013 06:54 PM

I love our BG pockets (we have a few).  But the snaps on the front, now that it is unsnapped, rub and chafe my poor 9-mo-old chunky monkey's thighs!  I am looking for something that doesn't have those snaps on it, so I'm guessing something that isn't one-sized.  I do have Bummis covers and prefolds and that works well, except that my DH wants something more user-friendly/idiot-proof for him to use, meaning pockets or AIO or something.  

Does anyone have a recommendation of something to try?  Oh, and it has to have a pretty long rise - I have a couple of BestBottoms and like them except that the rise is really almost too short!

delightedbutterfly 10-20-2013 02:46 PM

Totally out of the baby diaper loop here, although I'd love another little to be back in the loop ;) ! But bumping up your post so hopefully someone who can help can see this!

BethaniaDawn 10-20-2013 06:55 PM

I cloth diapered my youngest son after he was about a year old.  He was a chunky monkey as well.  My favorite diaper was the Happy Heinys as it had a full coverage rise and it worked so well with his chunky legs.  This was 10 years ago and they were just bringing in the OS diapers.  I was so very disappointed when they stopped making the sized diapers completely.  Every once in a while you can find them on places like ebay.   I will be interested to see if you get any recommendations as I am not a fan of all the snaps on the OS diapers.  It just detracts from the cute factor for me.

Ola_ 10-20-2013 07:28 PM

We used FuzziBunz in size small which I quite liked. Then switched to one-size diapers with the snap down rise so I didn't get to try out the bigger sizes, but the smalls were not newborn sized so DD had some chunky thighs then already.

FuzziBunz do also have a one-size diaper that is adjusted with internal elastic (it has buttons like some toddler pants) to adjust so no snaps on the front. Their one-size diapers do not have a very high rise but I'll bet there are other one-size diapers that use the adjustable elastic instead of snaps.

BethaniaDawn 10-22-2013 08:14 PM

Ola - thanks for the note on the FuzziBunz One Size Elite Diapers.  They look really interesting.  I did not like them with my ds as much as the Happy Heinys because I prefer velcro over snaps and I liked the higher rise on the HH but the FuzziBunz never leaked on him.  I might try this one in one of the minky edition if they still have them after I am comfortable that this baby will stick :-)