What to do with your no-longer-needed cloth diapers? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-01-2013, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a Bum Genius lot, but don't know what to do with them.  Normally I just donate our used baby stuff to the local pregnancy crisis place but I don't think they take used diapers, and even if they did, I could use the money.  Ebay?  Some exchange site?  Does it even matter?  CL is out because we live out in an area where nothing ever sells...

#2 of 6 Old 12-01-2013, 10:44 AM

Try diaperswappers.com. I usually go on our local CL too, you could always post a couple of pictures and see if you get any bites. I think MDC has a trading area too but I'm not sure how active it is.

Something to keep in mind is that with the holidays approaching, this may not be the best time to sell. If you can hold onto them for 2-3 months you will probably have better results (both in how long it takes them to sell and the price you get).

#3 of 6 Old 12-02-2013, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

See if your local news station has a classified section on its website.  I find that the best for getting local purchases.

On mine, cloth diapers are hot items.

--Breastfeeding----2nd grade Teaching----Cosleeping----Cloth Diapering -- --Bookworm Mom
#4 of 6 Old 12-11-2013, 10:39 AM

You should consider donating them to Cotton Babies' Share The Love cloth diaper bank! They will hook you up with a host in your area to collect the diapers, and then they will be distributed to an applicant in need who can't afford to buy cloth diapers or disposables. http://www.cottonbabies.com/cblovelocations.php
starling&diesel likes this.
#5 of 6 Old 12-12-2013, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Or considering passing them onto another Mothering family through the Holiday Helper program!

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#6 of 6 Old 12-12-2013, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
We sold our used dipes on our local homeschool listserv. Is there a parenting listserv in your area?
I only charged $2 each, because they were second hand to us and well-used, but still in good shape with lots of life left. But we definitely needed to get some money for them. Every penny counts when you're skint. innocent.gif

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page